Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
 on: April 19, 2024, 02:51:17 AM 
Started by R-26 Lightspeed - Last post by R-26 Lightspeed
As visible in the attached screenshot, mouse auto-pathing completely avoids the shorter path through the broken tiles, because those tiles have been repaired since the last time i saw them (from the north side).

At least i think that's what's happening here. I don't *think* auto-pathing is trying to avoid collapsable tiles?
I'll try to investigate more later to make sure.

on: April 14, 2024, 12:30:40 AM 
Started by R-26 Lightspeed - Last post by Kyzrati
Scrap Engine is actually one of the most powerful items in the game when used properly :) (people have put together flying builds with massive integrity and weapons that can one-shot any bot in the game--any bot)

on: April 13, 2024, 10:17:09 AM 
Yeah, the way the Scrap Engine is just laying on the ground clearly implies that it isn't its final place in the game world.
I am never taking that gamble again, though. My first experience with it was bad enough. I didn't imagine i would skip a total of four depths to end up in -5.
I was also (and still am) unfamiliar with the Scam Engine (as you might have guesses by the surname i'm giving it), so attempting to make it work alongside with desperately trying to find any infowar went pretty horribly. I ended up getting my first Sensor Array in -3, at which point i discarded the Scam Engine to transition to flight and now the run is going much better.

on: April 13, 2024, 10:08:36 AM 
Yes very specifically the Storage Unit swapping rules were actually changed for a short period during Beta 13 development to make sure that doesn't happen, but it actually lead to even more problems for players, so was switched back ;)
I am somewhat curious as to what problems this lead to.

There won't be warnings added for this particular feature, you'll have to swap manually if you don't want automated behavior, which has very few rules and is quite consistent for the very reason that it's easy to predict what will happen if you let the automated system do its thing.
I do have to admit that i never actually use the auto-replacement feature to replace items from my inventory, in part because i didn't realize it existed, in part because those situations are rare compared to replacing equipped parts. As a result, swapping a part from the ground to replace an equipped item that then replaces an inventory item is something i almost never really expect.

Maybe i'm actually the only one it wouldn't bother to have the option to prevent the switching of both attached and inventory parts. If that's the case, then there is indeed not much of a reason to make that option!

on: April 13, 2024, 09:57:35 AM 
No you definitely still lose the slot, it just might happen to last a little longer, unstable technology and all... (the lore source will be more filled out in a later Beta, as to its true origins)

on: April 13, 2024, 09:56:44 AM 
It was already done that way before, but changed during prerelease since it ended up making less sense the other way.

on: April 13, 2024, 09:54:03 AM 
Wouldn't it be more useful and maybe less confusing (at least for some) to show the chance of critical effect, even if useless?
As far as i understand, you can sort-of choose which parts you give the Scrap Engine to modify its stats with some intent, even if inconsistently. This means that hiding the crit chance in this scenario takes away some of the information available to the player.
A player might want to know the existing crit chance when trying to change the crit type, or in the opposite case to add some heat transfer if the chance is high enough.

on: April 13, 2024, 09:44:50 AM 
Makes sense. I would've thought that part of the description would mean the slot could under such circumstances be refilled before it disappeared and not lost.

on: April 13, 2024, 06:39:42 AM 
More specifically to the point, it would need a different name entirely because the actual "burnout" as recorded is the named event that is reflected in the message log when that occurs. Don't really want to introduce another term, though.

on: April 13, 2024, 06:36:31 AM 
Yep, that is exactly what it records, the number of propulsion actually lost to it, not integrity damage. It could potentially be switched, since actual complete burnouts are quite rare, but it's not a bug and not yet on my list (we were actually having this discussion earlier this week).

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10