Grid Sage Forums

• April 29, 2024, 11:32:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [Beta 13] Gun Armor deletes new Scrap Engine weapon  (Read 128 times)

R-26 Lightspeed

• Cyborg
    • View Profile
[Beta 13] Gun Armor deletes new Scrap Engine weapon
« on: April 12, 2024, 10:53:09 AM »

I had the Gun Armor equipped, and had non-construct weapons in both slots. I also had the Scam Engine attached and had loaded it with a few weapons. When one of the Gun Armor weapons was destroyed, the Scrap Engine created a new weapon construct for that slot to try to replace the weapon that just broke.
Because the slot ceased to exist, though, the weapon construct never reached my equipped parts and just disappeared.
I had 3 regular weapon slots and two extras when one of the extras was destroyed.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: [Beta 13] Gun Armor deletes new Scrap Engine weapon
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2024, 12:24:02 AM »

Yeah that's not a bug, just the way things are. SE can create things in temp slots, but you're going to lose them all the same when the slot is gone, but as described on the part, sometimes a temp slot may require an extra bit of time before it really disappears because it's no longer supported. Best to just keep SE off if you're about to have an unstable situation, so that it doesn't produce anything under poor circumstances, or keep going and have it build something else after the fact... Temp slots are unstable by their nature.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

R-26 Lightspeed

• Cyborg
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2024, 09:44:50 AM »

Makes sense. I would've thought that part of the description would mean the slot could under such circumstances be refilled before it disappeared and not lost.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2024, 09:57:35 AM »

No you definitely still lose the slot, it just might happen to last a little longer, unstable technology and all... (the lore source will be more filled out in a later Beta, as to its true origins)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon