Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
 on: April 27, 2024, 02:43:43 AM 
Started by R-26 Lightspeed - Last post by R-26 Lightspeed
As visible in the attached screenshot, i shot the tile directly down-right of the upper Wall Chamber's lower right corner using my Imp. KE Penetrator, which was as far as i could shoot directly up-right diagonally.
This hit the barely out-of range Wall Chamber, which i think is normal? But the projectile penetrated the first tile, which made it travel to the next tile(?) and broke it, which i'm pretty sure breaks the rules of how weapon range works.

I later tried to see if you could hit a stationary hostile by extending the range using this method, but i'm not sure if it worked, as it might have been an Infiltrator i didn't recognize as friendly because of only have an Imp. Signal Interpreter (I hadn't seen Infiltrators yet), who didn't move when i shot them because they weren't 0b10?

on: April 26, 2024, 02:49:48 AM 
Started by R-26 Lightspeed - Last post by Kyzrati
Hm, I think this happened once before ages ago and that was fixed, looked like there might be some other source for it. I'll have to add this to the list to check later once I get back to look at Beta 13 stuff (can't load the save right now, working on Beta 14).

on: April 26, 2024, 02:47:05 AM 
I mean... explosion predictions are pretty obvious because they have a half-square outline delineating the maximum in each axis direction, which is the more fundamental part of that display--it uses lines in addition to the interior highlight area and not just relying on color like the rest of the targeting interface.

on: April 26, 2024, 02:43:37 AM 
As visible in the attached screenshot, i can see through it and i can inspect it. However, my shots pass through it, but i can't move into it.
That phase wall is just completely invincible (phase generator excluded).

This happened after i destroyed the Behemoth standing on the four visible phase walls by aiming at the same tile as the bugged phase wall.

I remembered to make a copy of the save file, so it's also attached in case it's useful.

on: April 26, 2024, 02:31:21 AM 
Yeah I'm aware of this behavior, that's how it was built to show you the arc no matter what, since it's helpful to know even if it won't fire, which you'll generally know due to the other differences (in particular the lack of an explosion prediction showing AOE).
Maybe the arcs should be made less obvious, at least when combined with explosives, then? The explosion prediction does get hidden pretty well by the arc if you're not firing at close-range targets. (Though that might be due to my SHIFT_HUE... I'll have to check.)

on: April 26, 2024, 02:28:04 AM 
Yep, it's intended and the way this will continue to work. As stated it's going to predict from wherever you're aiming, since that's the consistent behavior (you could very well be firing a volley including a cannon that you expect to destroy the initial target first, who knows :P)

on: April 26, 2024, 02:25:40 AM 
If you aim a launcher at a wall, the explosion prediction will show you how it looks like if the weapon exploded in the wall, but the actual projectile would explode against it, not on the same tile.

It's probably how it's supposed to work (after all, explosion prediction shows the explosion at the point you're aiming at, not where the explosion would end up), but it's something that's very easy to unconsciously understand but never really consciously notice until something you calculated shouldn't happen happens anyways.
And so one might end up aiming the target of an explosion to be barely out of range of Cogmind, but because it actually explodes in front of the wall it hits, you get hit by the explosion anyways.
(That's how i once got hit by my own ST in the very last area.)

on: April 26, 2024, 02:25:39 AM 
Yeah I'm aware of this behavior, that's how it was built to show you the arc no matter what, since it's helpful to know even if it won't fire, which you'll generally know due to the other differences (in particular the lack of an explosion prediction showing AOE). I decided from the beginning to leave it this way since it can fall on the edge of helpful.

Arc is actually part of the line-of-fire visual (unrelated to AOE), which has always shown even when your target is out of range. In that sense it is consistent.

on: April 26, 2024, 02:11:26 AM 
When firing multiple weapons in a volley, including a weapon with an arc such as a Rocket Array, the arc prediction always shows, even if the target is out of range (and you therefore won't fire).
This can be misleading, since it makes it look like the launcher would fire alongside the other weapons.
This is especially bad if the weapon is a launcher, since those do show explosion predictions only if your target is in range of the launcher.
(Also, not only is the majority of the very few arc weapons launchers, launchers are also the most common arc weapons!)

The confusing thing is that the two parts of the projectile prediction for arc launchers don't behave the same way;
The arc prediction always shows, but the explosion prediction doesn't (and also gets almost completely hidden by the arc projection before it disappears).

It isn't technically a bug, but it is misleading!

Screenshot attached for clarification.

on: April 25, 2024, 02:58:15 AM 
What information were you hoping for?
How it interacts with multi-slot parts, weapons with special effects and AAs.

I seriously doubt that the Scrap Engine would be compatible with AAs (and i know that it isn't with special weapons like Flamers), but the article makes no mention of that.

By "weapon with special effects", i mean stuff like AWS which fires automatically, YOLO Cannon, PS and PC, which create explosions on the point of impact, and so on. Effects that aren't part of of regular stats, unlike overloading, waypoints, and so on. Even if their effects can't be applied (i don't actually know but assume not), some things like the AWS/Autocannon have extremely good statistics. Can weapons with such special effects still be given to the Scrap Engine?

Multi-slot parts, especially weapons, tend to have better stats that their one-slot counterparts. Do those count as multiple parts? Do they get some kind of negative modifier? Or are they simply that good?

I also noticed some stuff missing and some errors :
-I think the "Broken/Faulty parts" segment title should also mention low-integrity parts in its title, and should also mention corrupted parts in both its title and segment, as those also don't do any.
-The "list of special stats/abilities applicable to constructs mention"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
but says that this is never lost on type change, which definitely isn't right.
-There's no mention of the weapon constructs being immune to misfires (or at least, when you're not attempting to shoot something).

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10