Grid Sage Forums

• April 29, 2024, 12:43:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Can't quite work out what makes enemies shut down  (Read 4746 times)

jimmijamjams

• Cyborg
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier) Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Can't quite work out what makes enemies shut down
« on: May 27, 2015, 06:25:39 AM »

I'm still trying to work out just how/why it happens and think it has something to do with a certain type of damage.

I picked up this Sentry a little while ago when it shut down after being caught in an explosion:

During my current game a Swarmer shut down when caught in a reactor explosion.  Except the explosion was purple in colour.

And just now, I shut down this Hunter by only shooting at it:

Pretty sure this was the weapon that did it, but I'm not sure:

Has anyone else encountered this?

biomatter

• Cyborg
  • Bug Hunter Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Weekly Seed Participant Wiki Contributor Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Improved Tier!)
  • crying in the corner
    • View Profile
Re: Can't quite work out what makes enemies shut down
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 06:39:13 AM »

I don't know about the explosions, but I see your Tesla Rifle has Disruption: 2%. That means each shot that hits has a 2% of shutting your target down. Later on you'll find bigger EM weapons - at one point I had an Adv. Disruptor Cannon or something, with a disgusting 75% Disruption rating.

jimmijamjams

• Cyborg
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier) Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 06:45:14 AM »

at one point I had an Adv. Disruptor Cannon or something, with a disgusting 75% Disruption rating.

Did you get a chance to use it much?

biomatter

• Cyborg
  • Bug Hunter Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Weekly Seed Participant Wiki Contributor Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Improved Tier!)
  • crying in the corner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 06:47:20 AM »

Ah, haha, at that point I was on my last legs... well, you understand the expression. I was part-less and I shut down a large hauler 'A' and cried because it wouldn't drop its loot... Then I discovered I could bump into it to rewire it and command it to dispense candy! Then I died.

jimmijamjams

• Cyborg
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 06:52:25 AM »

Ah, haha, at that point I was on my last legs... well, you understand the expression. I was part-less and I shut down a large hauler 'A' and cried because it wouldn't drop its loot... Then I discovered I could bump into it to rewire it and command it to dispense candy! Then I died.

Haha, what a way to go :D

jimmijamjams

• Cyborg
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 06:57:33 AM »

Just having a look over the Morgue File and I've noticed that I've got "Robots Corrupted 1" and "Robots Built 9"

Slowly working out some interesting stuff :)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 09:51:23 AM »

Hilarious that you shut it down instead of killing it first :)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

endlessblaze

• Derelict
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
  • FIRE THE EM CANNONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2015, 11:01:25 AM »

purple explosions are neutrino reactors. they can shut bots down.

I don't know about the explosions, but I see your Tesla Rifle has Disruption: 2%. That means each shot that hits has a 2% of shutting your target down. Later on you'll find bigger EM weapons - at one point I had an Adv. Disruptor Cannon or something, with a disgusting 75% Disruption rating.

minor correction. shutdown only happens if it disrupts the core, it wont happen often and when it does the robot is probly already to damaged to be very useful but I think it can be handy and it adds a nice touch.

I wonder if nuclear reactors can cause a shut down? it might be neutrino reactors only...

this calls for !!SCIENCE!!

biomatter

• Cyborg
  • crying in the corner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2015, 11:06:46 AM »

!!! Already contributing! I like you. Thanks for the intel on explosion-types.

That is correct re: Disruption. Let me add on to it. Disruption weapons have a % to disrupt the part they hit, but that chance is halved if you hit the core. I've noticed when you fire weapons, they volley from the top of the list down. Because of this, I order my weapons as such: weapons with low salvage go to the top, high salvage go towards the middle, and those with disruption effects go to the very bottom. The idea is that if the opening weapons don't kill the target, the last few weapons might either get better parts out of the kill or turn it off.

endlessblaze

• Derelict
  • FIRE THE EM CANNONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2015, 11:14:05 AM »

I seem to recall the existence of a debug mode accessed by running the game with a command line.

might be a good place to test reactor explosions in a controlled envormient. but I don't know the command.

jimmijamjams

• Cyborg
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2015, 07:19:53 PM »

purple explosions are neutrino reactors. they can shut bots down.
minor correction. shutdown only happens if it disrupts the core, it wont happen often and when it does the robot is probly already to damaged to be very useful but I think it can be handy and it adds a nice touch.

I wonder if nuclear reactors can cause a shut down? it might be neutrino reactors only..

Thanks for the intel!  Pretty sure I've only had robots shut down by Nutrino Reactor explosions, but more testing is definitely required :)

endlessblaze

• Derelict
  • FIRE THE EM CANNONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2015, 07:40:35 PM »

arc projectors are VERY good at making things shutdown

I shut down 2.....architects I think....... in about 3 minuets with them taking very little damage, so it actually was able to help a bit.