Grid Sage Forums

• April 30, 2024, 12:55:05 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Cogmind voted into 2016 Top 100; also, a Triangulator!  (Read 1202 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Cogmind voted into 2016 Top 100; also, a Triangulator!
« on: December 14, 2016, 06:47:01 AM »

Woohoo, Cogmind was successfully voted into the Top 100 indie games of 2016, third year in a row :D

Thanks everyone for your votes! This year Cogmind is the only traditional roguelike in the list, where there is now voting for the Top 10 and honorable mentions. But it is a popularity contest, after all, and there's no way as a niche game not on Steam that we can compete against popular titles like... RimWorld, Factorio, SUPERHOT, Stardew Valley, Owlboy, The Witness, Firewatch, Squad, M&B II, Stellaris (<--how is this indie...). It's nice to be on the same list, though ;)

Like I did last year, around the end of the year I'll be doing a retrospective article looking at the highlights of 2016, and talk a bit about what's in store for the future.

In recent progress, I've been working on secret stuff, but this week's non-secret development is... the Triangulator!

Stealth builds are going to love this one. It both displays how many hostiles are currently tracking you and visualizes how close hostile bots in view are to spotting you.

Visualization:

Tracking indicator:

And of course the Triangulator activation should have a unique animation (and sfx):
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon