Grid Sage Forums

• April 28, 2024, 01:43:11 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Is there a way to crop drawings?  (Read 1614 times)

newcarrots

• Unaware
    • View Profile
Is there a way to crop drawings?
« on: May 24, 2023, 06:43:34 AM »

I'm drawing some stuff for a roguelike, and I like to draw away from the borders, but I'm not really drawing large images, and I was wondering if there is some way to crop drawings? Thank you!

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Is there a way to crop drawings?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2023, 07:37:38 AM »

Hi newcarrots, welcome! There is no explicit crop tool, but you can achieve the same result via other means. A couple possibilities:

1. Copy the desired area to a separate target image of the correct size (being sure to use multi-layer copy-paste if you have more than one layer).

2. Shift the entire image contents towards the top-left corner as far as you need to (to remove the left/top borders) then do an image resize to reduce the height/width to your desired dimensions. Simultaneously shifting all layers is handled by Shift-Arrow or Shift-Numpad, and of course you can always undo anything as normal if you make a mistake during the process.

In general while REXPaint doesn't necessarily have a massive array of explicit tools, there are often methods of doing things with some creativity and a combination of various features that do exist, especially if you look down the full list of special keyboard commands in the manual.

Hope that helps!
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon