Grid Sage Forums

• April 27, 2024, 02:09:50 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [Beta 11] Trap Extractor overload message.  (Read 295 times)

S0ZDATEL

• Derelict
    • View Profile
[Beta 11] Trap Extractor overload message.
« on: April 16, 2022, 06:32:17 AM »

I attached an Improved Trap Extractor, and got a help message in the log saying:
"The Imp. Trap Extractor is "overloadable", activating it again increases its output for additional resource cost, and may damage the unit.".
It's clearly not what it's supposed to say. It was the first overloadable part I've attached, but it's not the same kind of mechanic as with other overloadable parts...

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: [Beta 11] Trap Extractor overload message.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2022, 06:41:07 AM »

Yeah I left it that way for now, though will probably change it eventually since they're potentially accessible to new players from relatively early on, and may be found before the original mechanic (cooled weapons) are encountered.

I've been waiting to see how many such "multi-use parts" there are, because there are more than one (including several new ones in Beta 11 alone) and there'll need to be a new system set up to handle it...

Unique tutorial messages were later added for several of the larger categories of parts with stat-based overloading, rather than unique mechanics which are described separately.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 02:06:04 AM by Kyzrati »
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon