Grid Sage Forums

• April 28, 2024, 01:02:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Project: Escape Plan [Potential Spoilers!]  (Read 995 times)

Jeffg10

• Unaware
  • Unaware Central
    • View Profile
Project: Escape Plan [Potential Spoilers!]
« on: September 21, 2019, 10:39:35 AM »

Hello forums, currently i'm working on a table top RPG based around the Cogmind universe (although robust enough to be tweaked and changed as needed), but as of right now that is not the main topic of this post (although progress on that is also coming along great). The topic of this post is my other main project: project escape plan. Currently i'm attempting to map and document a Cogmind seed as thoroughly as humanly possible, an asset that new players or veterans could use to refine their skills in a known environment, as of right now i'm mainly going to work on mapping the main world map and exact branch access levels, but if i find a way i might tackle specific floors too (but i don't have the technical knowledge right now to tackle something like that) anyway, here's what i have so far, i'll periodically update this more and more as i find new things, later on i may map the exact number of machines on each floor or other bonuses too:
Seed: 'EscapePlanAlpha' ( Beta 8 )
Floor Access:
-11 - [Scrapyard]

-10 - [Materials]
-10 - Br. [Mines]

-9 - [Materials]
-9 - Br. [Infested! Mines]

-8 - [Materials]
-8 - Br. [Mines]
-8 - Br. [Storage]
-8 - Br. [Recycling]

-7 - [Factory]
-7 - [Lower Caves]
-7 - [Zion]
-7 - [Deep Caves]

-6 - []

-5 - []
-5 - Br. [Extension]
-5 - Br. [Hub_04(d)]
-5- Br. [Archives]

-4 - [Factory]
-4- Br. [Armory]

-3 - []

-2 - [Research]

-1 - [Access]
--------------------
Update: murdered in deep caves, RIP, let's try again
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 04:53:51 PM by Jeffg10 »
Main.C 24/7

Joshua

• Sigix
  • Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
Re: Project: Escape Plan [Potential Spoilers!]
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 06:34:51 PM »

You might be interested in the Armchair Robotics thread and the tips and strategy guides post in the Strategies section. The threads about branches in particular will give you some more information about how the world is laid out. There are constraints to where each branch can appear.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 06:58:29 PM »

Indeed the Armchair threads were pretty cool, too bad the host eventually stopped hosting them, but someone else (it kinda requires someone pretty familiar with the world) is welcome to pick that series up again if interested.

@Jeffg10: Remember that seeds only reproduce the same world in the same version, so the version number is important here and in the long run someone would need to have access to an older version to get the same world as described here.

That said, some players (including here on the forums) do indeed replay the same seed for a while to aid learning, so writing out this process can still be an interesting and useful exercise :)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Jeffg10

• Unaware
  • Unaware Central
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 09:18:43 PM »

@Jeffg10: Remember that seeds only reproduce the same world in the same version, so the version number is important here and in the long run someone would need to have access to an older version to get the same world as described here.
well, seeing as how beta 9 is stuck in bureaucratic hell for right now it still seems like a worth-while venture to me, who knows, maybe i'll update the thread every time there's a new version with a brand new list to start working on!

As for armchair robotics i've actually seen some of the threads, i just haven't gotten a chance to full on read the whole thing.

Anyway the idea is making maps that people can look at and use at least during the current version to have a predictable environment, also because this was a private project of mine but i decided there's no reason i shouldn't release my data for others.
Main.C 24/7

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2019, 05:57:55 PM »

Absolutely! Anything you're just doing on your own, feel free to share with everyone :)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon