1. Sites/Products Covered
2. Information Collected, and Purpose of Collection
- Username: In the forums, wiki, and blog comments, the alias you provide when you register or comment is used as your public identifier.
- Password: The forums and wiki must remember your password to ensure you are the owner of the account and provide access to it.
- Email address: The forums and wiki require your email address to serve as your private identifier. (Blog comments do not actually require an email address or even an alias.) The opt-in mailing list for the GSG Newsletter requires your email address of course, in order to actually provide you with the information you requested.
- IP address: Your IP address is stored for moderation purposes on the forums, wiki, and blog comments.
- Leaderboard Data: In addition to your player name, Cogmind's opt-in leaderboard information contains your unique Cogmind ID number along with any stats and other data you can see in the same text file you have local access to at the end of each run. These stats are used to 1) compare your progress to other players and 2) help improve the game.
Basic forum (SMF) and wiki (MediaWiki) functionality requires that your browser store a small identifier to know that you are logged in. You can log out to remove this cookie, and unless you specified on login that you'd like to remain logged in, your session tracking cookie will automatically be deleted when you close your browser.
For traffic analysis purposes this site uses Google Analytics, which also stores a cookie in your browser, but all data sent to Google Analytics (even your IP address) is anonymized.
No third-party cookies are used on this site.
4. Public Information
Any information you choose to submit in public areas of the forums, wiki, or blog may be read, collected, or used by others who visit the forums, wiki, or blog. Grid Sage Games is not responsible for the information you choose to submit.
Data submitted for the opt-in Cogmind leaderboards is also considered public, and available here.
5. Sharing of Information Collected
Your private information, including password, email address, and IP address, is never shared with third parties, period.
The sharing of information you choose to submit publicly, including username, the content of any posts, and leaderboard data, cannot be controlled since it is already public, but you can delete (or request deletion of) any of this public data (see the section below).
6. Data Security and Storage Location
All private information (password, email addresses, and IP addresses) is stored in encrypted databases. Servers are physically located in the US.
7. Accessing, Updating, or Deleting Your Information
All information you've provided is available and accessible online by logging in to your account, or in the case of Cogmind leaderboards by visiting this page. Don't activate score uploading in the options if you don't want to participate in the leaderboards!
All mailing lists have an unsubscribe link at the bottom which you can use to immediately and permanently remove yourself from the list.
Data you are unable to delete by yourself can be deleted by sending an email request to email@example.com. You must use your registered email address in order to confirm your identity.
8. Age Requirement
This website and our products are not developed or directed at children, nor intended for persons under the age of 16. We do not knowingly solicit or collect any information from children, nor do we knowingly market the website and our products to children. If we learn that we have collected information from a child, we will delete that information as soon as possible. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have reason to believe that any information from or about a child has been provided to us without the appropriate consent of an adult.
If you have any more questions please feel free to contact us at email@example.com