Grid Sage Forums

• April 28, 2024, 02:56:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [beta 4.0] Cogmind unresponsive to input. (clicking ANALYSIS button?)  (Read 543 times)

Valguris

• Cyborg
  • Kyzrati Patron Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile

I clicked ANALYSIS button on a broken titan at Zh. It didn't show analysis. Now game is unresponsive to all input. Except mouse movements and mouse highlighting things to click, but clicking does nothing, nor do keyboard commands.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: [beta 4.0] Cogmind unresponsive to input. (clicking ANALYSIS button?)
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 08:06:04 AM »

Hm, might need more info on this since I can't repeat it. I got a broken Titan at Zh and the button and contents work normally.

Having any issues with analyses on other bots?

Can you repeat it?

Were you in some other UI mode when you opened the info window then clicked on [Analysis]?

The kind of situation you describe can occur when the game has not properly moved from one UI state to another, so there is something specific to your series of UI actions which led to that result. Under normal conditions it won't happen, so I'll need to know more steps to reproduce.

I would also guess that if these steps work on that robot, they should also produce the same result on any other robot.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Valguris

• Cyborg
  • Kyzrati Patron Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 08:54:19 AM »

Oh, I just managed to reproduce it! Clicked on Troll, clicked on Traits, then, without prior closing, clicked on Titan and chose Analyses. Going the other way around works too: Analysis of 1 bot -> Traits of another.

Further testing shows that bug is caused by not exiting Analyses/Traits and going straight to info window of another bot.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 08:58:24 AM by Valguris »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 04:28:24 PM »

Ah, thank you for the details! I've been able to reproduce with these steps, and fixed.

Turns out I didn't account for the possibility of right-clicking directly into another robot's info while those new subwindows were open.

(That said, although it doesn't crash anymore, for some odd reason when you do this series of steps the game won't let you then right-click through a third robot's info without first closing the window. I can't solve that one right now since I have to do the release ASAP, so that's a different bug I'll be looking into for the next update! But at least it's easily reproducible so I'll take care of it quickly enough :D)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon