Grid Sage Forums

• April 30, 2024, 12:26:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: B12 W squad spawns , than despawns during the -2 event  (Read 1255 times)

Mr Goldstein

• Unaware
    • View Profile
B12 W squad spawns , than despawns during the -2 event
« on: April 17, 2023, 04:30:48 AM »

The seed is UtilityMeleeBeamcaster .
They spawned near a branch exit/or on top of it (T) im not sure , i think i saw G for one turn and then it despawned (this is where it said the W squad will arrive )

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: B12 W squad spawns , than despawns during the -2 event
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2023, 02:38:00 AM »

Hm, how do you mean "despawns"? W squads cannot spawn from anywhere except their entrance tunnels (not pictured), and W/GM can also eventually retreat there, but other bots will remain--there's no mechanism for them to leave or disappear. I notice over 20 turns pass between your screenshots there, so it seems kinda inconclusive at best. Can't really explain what would've happened without seeing it, but there shouldn't be any way to outright remove bots aside from them running off somewhere, and they will happily do that while you're busy doing/looking at something else.

Would need to see a video of some kind or more details to make head or tail of it, but based on experience so far I'm guessing there's probably nothing weird going on here...
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Mr Goldstein

• Unaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2023, 10:50:13 AM »

I tried to recreate it and it turns out you are right i was a dum dum  . Thanks for responding devman :D

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2023, 07:00:23 PM »

Hey no problem, thanks for taking the time to report something you might think is amiss :) (it can be hard to tell the difference sometimes in Cogmind, since there is indeed a lot going on at once, not all of which the player will be fully aware of, which can lead to misunderstandings)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon