Grid Sage Forums

• April 30, 2024, 02:24:31 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: New Res?  (Read 3159 times)

ody81

• Unaware
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
New Res?
« on: May 24, 2015, 09:38:52 AM »

Hi there, I'm trying to run this at 1280x800 but the edges of the screen are cut off. Tried auto fonts in the cfg but no good.

Any help would be welcome, this looks great so far :) Keep up the great work.

btw, windowed and fullscreen have the same issue. i can't resize the window either for whatever reason :\
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 09:40:49 AM by ody81 »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: New Res?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 10:06:07 PM »

You're using Windows? Win8, perhaps? This is an OS settings issue, but the solution might depend on your setup.

We will probably be able to bypass it from within the game in future versions, but if that's the case for now there is an alternative solution you could try. Let us know!

As for windowed mode, you should be able to downsize to a 600px window, but that is pretty small and provides ASCII only. You won't be able to upscale beyond size 12 because the next size up after that requires 840p.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

ody81

• Unaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 12:07:36 AM »

Oh snap! I forgot I was using DPI scaling, I'll turn it off through compatibility settings and give that a whirl.

I feel like an ass, hope this works. I only recently started scaling DPI so I do forget it's there and I've had troubles with other software because of it. Thanks for the reminder, I'll pop back and let you know how it goes.

ody81

• Unaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 09:13:48 AM »

Yup, it was the DPI scaling after all, thanks heaps. Great fun so far, deeper than most rogue games too which is nice.

One other question while I'm here though, is there any way to get a bigger tileset?
For whatever reason I'm limited in my options to 10 and 12 point at 1280x800 and wouldn't mind larger graphics on the map section, the font's perfectly readable though so I could take it or leave it.

Manually setting the font or the map size in the cfg seems to give me no success either.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 10:01:24 AM »

Yup, it was the DPI scaling after all, thanks heaps. Great fun so far, deeper than most rogue games too which is nice.
Whew, good to hear. That's new to me, too. Apparently it's possible to have Cogmind.exe turn that off itself, so I'll be adding that in a future version.

And glad you're enjoying it! I hope you guys are entertained enough for a while as I have so many non-gamedev things to do right now... really want to get back to work on the game itself.

One other question while I'm here though, is there any way to get a bigger tileset?
For whatever reason I'm limited in my options to 10 and 12 point at 1280x800 and wouldn't mind larger graphics on the map section, the font's perfectly readable though so I could take it or leave it.

Manually setting the font or the map size in the cfg seems to give me no success either.
The largest font that fits in 800px is size 12, so no bigger fonts (since the UI wouldn't fit in the interface). There will be other fonts added at all sizes eventually for better readability for some players, though they will in most cases not be stylized and therefore reduce immersion.

For the larger fonts (which go all the way up to size 24 right now, and up to 36 in the next release) you'll need a higher resolution.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

ody81

• Unaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 10:32:05 AM »

Cool, thanks again. Its totally workable for me atm anyway.

And yes, played some more today, soooo good. Gets better the more you know. Wish I'd found this sooner. Anyhow, ta for the quick response :)