Grid Sage Forums

• April 28, 2024, 02:42:14 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Refit stays disabled after taking up part for repairs  (Read 754 times)

Widmo

• Derelict
  • Wiki Contributor Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Bug Hunter Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier) Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Refit stays disabled after taking up part for repairs
« on: January 03, 2017, 09:03:09 PM »

When a repair unit takes your only power source for repairing the refit option should become available if it was not previously, same for similar situations. This inconsistency rarely comes into play and costs just a few keystrokes to work around. Having my Cooled Ion Engine badly damaged I gave it away for fixing but a backup power source would not hurt meantime (I was not being traced yet) because a band of grunts was after my baterry juices. Huh, refit unavailable? I pondered a manual hack but choose to disconnect and reconnect first. Bingo, the option is active!

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Refit stays disabled after taking up part for repairs
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 09:35:36 PM »

*sees email notification that looks like a report, guesses it's Widmo*

*opens forums, not surprised* :P

Hm... yeah the machine functions are not constantly checking your status. As you discovered, reconnecting will check again (at no cost to you), but it does make sense that the option should detect and update if applicable there. (Entering the command manually should probably work, though, even without a disconnect, since the button status only determines whether you can interact with that button/function via the list.)

I think Widmo needs an award for being the Cogmind to use Repair Stations more than anyone in history, especially under interesting circumstances.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Widmo

• Derelict
  • Wiki Contributor Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Bug Hunter Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier) Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 11:20:59 AM »

*sees email notification that looks like a report, guesses it's Widmo*

*opens forums, not surprised* :P
At this point even Notoriety(Purge) is not going to help me surprise you. :P

I think Widmo needs an award for being the Cogmind to use Repair Stations more than anyone in history, especially under interesting circumstances.
Oh, I see a nice tiny companion besides the badges. Cool, thank you!

Repair Units always have the stuff I need. Whether it is a rare prototype, a combat airjet obtained from demolisher in mines or a fancy stuff found down some dirty chute there is one go-to place for getting it fixed. Incidentally this is the only machine where I prefer System Shield to Hacking Suite. It is more beneficial to have more repairs than bumping already good success chance for most items. On the other hand even offensive hackware opens a nice option - refitting. :) My speed builds often can make use of some backup propulsion. Basically, the Repair Unit is so well balanced it is a pleasure to toy with it.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 06:21:57 PM »

Good to hear! It wasn't always that way--all of the interactive machines have been improved over time (and some are still going to get a few tweaks).

And now one of your favorites got a little more convenient ;)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon