Grid Sage Forums

• May 02, 2024, 06:06:11 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Zhirov power boost gone  (Read 1797 times)

Decker

• Cyborg
  • Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Bug Hunter Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier) Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Combat Win
    • View Profile
Zhirov power boost gone
« on: November 01, 2016, 09:21:31 PM »

I visited Zhirov in his cave, got the power-boosting artifact, visited Quarantine, then I got stripped and I noticed I no longer had the power boost (to be honest, I never verified if I had it in the first place). I know my core got reset, it that the problem?

Decker

• Cyborg
  • Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Bug Hunter Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier) Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Combat Win
    • View Profile
Re: Zhirov power boost gone
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 09:28:03 PM »

Note: I don't precisely recall equipping the artifact. I may actually have forgotten it. Zhirov has gotten routine ::)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 09:45:09 PM »

Looks like your routine skipped a step :P

There's nowhere in the game where that value is ever reset, or even reduced. (Core resets don't have any impact on physical stats.) I believe forgetting to attach it is the most likely explanation here. (Looks like you were on the road to some great things in that run, by the way--a tough area, though!)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Sherlockkat

• Cyborg
  • Bug Hunter Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 11:19:29 PM »

I downloaded this save and decided to have some fun. Managed to rebuild. Unfortunately, the SW attracts too much attention. Died coz section 7 exploded :p.
(erm btw...spoiler alert @decker)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 11:23:05 PM by Sherlockkat »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 11:37:42 PM »

Hehe, nice job Sherlockkat :)

Sherlockkat

• Cyborg
  • Bug Hunter Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 11:42:52 PM »

Turns out significant lore discoveries were made due to this little adventure of mine.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 11:49:02 PM »

Hey that's piggybacking!

Seriously, though, it would be fun if some Cogminds started doing multiplayer succession runs, as was discussed at some time in the past.

Sherlockkat

• Cyborg
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 11:52:04 PM »

It was actually a combined discovery. Decker did the run. I piggybacked off it and told zxc what caused my death. He made the discovery due to him knowing stuff that I don't know :D. I also found some other lore stuff in this "run". A theory is being formulated. Admittedly not a very good theory, but still..

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2016, 12:00:36 AM »

I see :)

Decker

• Cyborg
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2016, 06:42:25 AM »

I didn't expect that bug report to turn *that* way ;D You guys are one step ahead of me here...

I'll probably hang on Discord a bit, given that I'm pretty much the only active user left around here besides Kyzrati.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2016, 07:06:31 AM »

I did mention on the chat before that I prefer in-depth feature discussions still take place here, though. That and other occasional better thought-out posts and experience reports. It's 1) nice to keep some more permanent content here for reference, 2) allows lurkers to keep up to date with things, and 3) good to show random visitors that, yes, we do actually have an active community of players interested in the game!

But yeah there's Discord discussion going on pretty much every day with both new and old players. And pretty much everyone there, even those who haven't met Decker, have heard of him in some capacity or another. You're quite famous, really ;)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2016, 09:17:48 AM »

Back to the OP, I just realized today that you probably settled into your "routine" a bit too lazily to notice that Zhirov doesn't always provide you with a power boost. It can be something else ;)

You definitely attached it, just didn't read what it did!

Decker

• Cyborg
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2016, 12:03:09 PM »

Good to know I'm not senile yet! Can anybody confirm what actually happened to me then? (I suspect Kyzrati will leave me in the dark here ;))

Amphouse

• Unaware
  • Kyzrati Patron Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2016, 09:03:24 PM »

Sometimes it's a "free" -20 heat sink(in fact the 2 times I went there that's what I got).