Grid Sage Forums

• April 28, 2024, 04:17:58 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Alternative start scenario and inability to delete savegame  (Read 1395 times)

zill

• Derelict
  • Weekly Seed Participant Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile

I'm not surer if the alternate start is a bug or intended, but whenever it occurs I encounter a bug where selecting the option to quit and delete save doesn't result in a deleted save.  Deleting all files in the /user folder returns the regular Revision 17 start, however the non-deletion of savegame continues.   Reinstall of Cogmind returns the Rev 17 start scenario and also functioning quit and delete save, until the alternate start occurs again.

The only modification I have made is to run the game as administrator (win 7 pro 64-bit), if I don't run as admin the game won't save my configuration options.

I have included a picture of how the alternate start looks.

AGlassOfMilk

• Unaware
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative start scenario and inability to delete savegame
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 01:48:05 AM »

This is a non issue, it happens because after a number of runs, the tutorial mode turns it self off.
When the tutorial mode is disabled, the game starts up with that start.

zill

• Derelict
  • Weekly Seed Participant Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 03:11:21 AM »

The issue is that the quit and delete save option doesn't function, and it seems to be triggered when the tutorial turns off.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 03:53:37 AM »

I had one other report that quit and delete save is not working at all even in other places. I'll be looking into this for the next release. Thanks!

Until then, if and when this is a problem you can just delete /user/save.bin to get rid of your old save--keeping the other files will enable you to keep your tutorial progress, meta progress info, and options, since those are not related to saving.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon