Grid Sage Forums

• April 28, 2024, 05:03:34 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Alpha 6: Prototype IDs learned via non-pickup methods not included in score  (Read 1341 times)

Enno

• Derelict
  • Weekly Seed Participant Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile

at the end of my last run i was very surprised as i saw that i only got 40 points for 2 prototype-id. because i know that i discovered a lot more. so i looked at the log and yes...at the end of the log you can see that there are list more than two prototypes. i don't understand that. i compared at and with in some other logs and sometimes it is right sometimes not.
it seems or no better can it be that prototype-id's i unauthorized hack for (>>prototypes) do not count ?
Spoiler: example-logsheet (click to show/hide)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

Hey, you're not a new player! :P (Ooh, and you're using vi-keys!)

The score system for that bit was added much earlier than the later methods of obtaining prototypes, so it looks possible I didn't centralize the system for awarding points for prototypes (originally there was only one method in the 7DRL--using it, while now we have many). My dev monitor and whatnot are all packed up for the move tomorrow, so I'll fix this once I get set up on the other side. I'm sure you're correct here, thanks!
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Enno

• Derelict
  • Weekly Seed Participant Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile

haha i didn't knew where to post that, so i decided for this place.
and in other words it is a kind of a bug ? i really discovered a little bug ?
always happy when i can help...wish a easy and stressless move to the other side .

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

Yes, this counts as a bug, which you'll be credited for finding in the changelog ;)

We have a board for that, but then you weren't sure it was a bug :P

Mostly stress free! I've got internet here now, and am kinda surrounded by boxes and chaos, but the view out my window is nice (the side of a mountain about 10 meters away, ha).

Edit: I split the topic and put it in the correct board for ya :)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 06:44:44 AM by Kyzrati »
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon