Grid Sage Forums

• April 28, 2024, 03:12:33 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Progress Update: February 23, 2016  (Read 1412 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Progress Update: February 23, 2016
« on: February 22, 2016, 08:48:04 PM »

This dev cycle is longer than the usual, so here's a second progress report!

The content of the next several releases is quite different from prior Alphas, so I'm still busy laying foundation work for them. On that front there's been lots of unshowable progress (spoilers and all...), but last week I took a little dev detour to implement a simple UI feature so I could at least show you something :)

That would be the new on-map dialogue display:

I've written a blog post examining that and the other dialogue-related UI features, including a bit of the decision-making behind the newest one.

Also, some weeks back I discovered a pretty annoying crash bug associated with a specific command, but decided it was so specific and avoidable that it wasn't worth releasing a whole new version for. Since right about now we've passed up the regular cycle duration between new major releases, rather than keep you all waiting on that I've uploaded a hotfix here (no longer applicable), and updated Alpha 6 itself (with no version change!) to include the fix, so that anyone who downloads the game after 2/21 automatically has it. Thanks to Shobalk :)

Tuesday 2/23 10:30 PM EST I'll be doing my last stream for a couple weeks (because I'm moving next week), in which I'll take on the weekly seed. And it's called "Creepy Cave" so yeah we're gonna brave the mines ;) (Though in Alpha 7 we get real caves rather than just mines!)

But right now it's time for another day of Alpha 7 work :D
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 09:55:30 AM by Kyzrati »
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon