• April 29, 2024, 01:15:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Alpha 6 Discussion  (Read 15457 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Alpha 6 Discussion
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2016, 08:41:25 PM »

@Sherlockkat Like zxc says, you'd be done for! Some have died this way on earlier floors, one of the dangers of completely destructible terrain that can also collapse and/or be repaired by engineers (the latter is how new players are occasionally permanently entombed in walls--well, I say "new" but it almost happened to me once as well :P).

but K nerfed it in Alpha 6
From your point of view it was a nerf; from mine it was correcting a mistake since it was intended to work as it does now :P (thank you for finding it)

And Sherlockkat had the most powerful launcher currently in the game, enough to blow through anything. There are some even more destructive launchers, but you can't find them yet.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

zxc

• Cogmind
  • 1st place in the High Scores category during Alpha Challenge 2015 1st place in the Best Escapes category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Kyzrati Patron Bug Hunter Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Achievement leader in at least one category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Wiki Contributor Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2016, 08:58:51 PM »

From your point of view it was a nerf; from mine it was correcting a mistake since it was intended to work as it does now :P (thank you for finding it)
Maybe I found it and 'reported' it, but not before
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sherlockkat

• Cyborg
  • Bug Hunter Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2016, 08:59:10 PM »

I must have been very lucky :o. I didn't know I had the most powerful launcher in the game. It was just an unidentified prototype. I whipped it out after I had entombed myself trying to do some renovation work on access. In my defense, my original game plan was to actually reach the back-exit and rely on the fact that I was very, very powerful hacker (look at my peak state) to carry me through.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 09:05:21 PM by Sherlockkat »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2016, 09:57:36 PM »

Maybe I found it and 'reported' it, but not before
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh I know, and that's fine; and what alpha's all about :). You should've seen the crazy stuff people were doing with Alpha 1 before I had properly restricted the fabrication system. Imagine traveling with dozens of Hunter allies ::)

I whipped it out after I had entombed myself trying to do some renovation work on access. In my defense, my original game plan was to actually reach the back-exit and rely on the fact that I was very, very powerful hacker (look at my peak state) to carry me through.
The hacking would've worked, yeah. And even though that launcher's powerful, next time check its matter consumption and you'll realize you wouldn't have been firing it at everything you see, anyway ;)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon
Pages: 1 2 [3]