Grid Sage Forums

• April 29, 2024, 02:43:07 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Signal Interpreter not identifying exits  (Read 904 times)

Sherlockkat

• Cyborg
  • Bug Hunter Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
Signal Interpreter not identifying exits
« on: December 25, 2015, 12:49:51 AM »

I am not sure whether this is a bug, but this has happened to me multiple times. I found that the signal interpreters (the plain old one, not the advanced or the improved ones) do not identify where the stairs lead. This seems to be at odds with its description which specifically mentions that it allows for deciphering of signals emitted from the exit allowing us to identify them. I do remember the advanced and the improved ones let me identify the exit. It could be just that this functionality is restricted to the more advanced version of the signal interpreter. Change the description maybe??

edit: Never mind. My bad. You need to be adjacent to identify the exit. Never noticed it before.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 01:00:12 AM by Sherlockkat »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Signal Interpreter not identifying exits
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 01:00:43 AM »

It works with any interpreter, but you have to stand adjacent to the exit. In that first image, as soon as you step into a neighboring space it will identify that exit with a new label. I'll add that bit of information to the description, thanks.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon