• April 28, 2024, 10:21:35 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Storage Unit Rebalancing  (Read 8055 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Storage Unit Rebalancing
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2016, 06:49:47 PM »

It's pretty easy to repair common parts at low-level repair stations now (they were completely overhauled in Alpha 8), nothing like it used to be that would've been mentioned in this thread. Still, it's not a panacea--you'll have to selectively repair only parts that are really important to you due to the limit on how much you can get out of it (especially without hackware).

And while you are unlikely to find storage units lying around in higher floors, it's very easy to find Haulers, and you can just take the largest storage unit in the game directly from them! Or before you find them, take medium-sized storage from Recyclers, which are everywhere, or small storage from the Workers. The idea of harvesting parts from hostiles known to carry them can be crucial for survival in tighter spots.

Also, it's not just -10. Currently the lowest three floors of the game each have a guaranteed dedicated area with tons of storage parts to choose from (the "storage cache"). It's only when you reach the mid/late-game where you'll be more likely to rely on stealing or building them.

Also, as a combat bot I always carry spare storage in my inventory itself.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

mindreader

• Derelict
  • Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2016, 08:34:05 AM »

Huh, I guess I didn't realize those bots had storage units.  I'm sure they drop them all the time and I just don't notice when I'm not looking for one.  This tidbit will greatly increase my survival rate.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2016, 09:30:36 AM »

Always consider what the other robots might have to share :). And if you really want to salvage something in particular, be careful what you shoot at them with, or even better, use salvage targeting processors. Wailing away at something with big cannons and explosives won't leave much behind!

Kalkkis

• Derelict
  • Wiki Contributor Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2016, 08:31:25 AM »

You might consider lovering the mass of small storage unit 1 or 2 points, right now I don't really see much reason to use it instead of medium one.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2016, 08:38:24 AM »

One thing to remember: Not all parts are intended to be perfectly balanced for the player. They are for other robots, too.

And don't underestimate Lgt. Storage until you're running flight builds ;). A 4-mass gap can be pretty significant.
Pages: 1 [2]