Grid Sage Forums

• April 29, 2024, 12:55:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Peak Loadout on High Score List?  (Read 1637 times)

bluemoo

• Unaware
  • Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
Peak Loadout on High Score List?
« on: October 06, 2015, 10:34:59 AM »

I was browsing the High Score list and found that I wanted to be able to see the Peak Loadout for the runs on it. I imagine it would be useful to help understand what equipment other players are using, to help me get better. (Although it is probably the equipment they were wearing just prior to dying, so maybe it's equipment you *shouldn't* go for?) If you feel like some more High Score list improvements for the next tournament, perhaps you could display player loadouts on hover over the list?

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Peak Loadout on High Score List?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 05:24:17 PM »

I'd like to do better than that, with a copy of all the score sheet stats (minus perhaps the meta data at the bottom). The High Scores data (both in game and online) is in its infancy, and there's a lot I'd like to do with it, some of which I'll be talking about in my next blog post. I hope to have a better intermediary system up in the short term, but I've finally gotten around to working on Alpha 4 features and shouldn't stop the momentum too soon. That said, it would be nice to have a better system in place sooner rather than later since there are a good number of people playing... That particular feature is in limbo outside my regular TODO list, waiting for whenever it can be suddenly thrown in at the top.

I like the idea of showing basic information on hover, for easier access. That would require some javascript or something to support better formatting since it would be more than a little info :/
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

bluemoo

• Unaware
  • Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 02:07:34 AM »

I'm looking forward to your next blog post! Also, I've posted a few times without saying it, but I just want you to know this I really enjoy Cogmind. I haven't had this much fun since I first discovered Nethack, while still being a game with it's own unique feel.

It's probably not important, but you don't actually need javascript to put in a simple tooltip with stats. You can :
1) Use html and css to show a div with an iframe inside of it on hover over each line: http://stackoverflow.com/a/25813336/277255
2) Then point the iframe at stats pages which use just html and css for layout.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 05:21:17 AM »

Very glad to hear you're enjoying Cogmind! Always nice when players drop by to say it's the most fun since first discovering [insert classic roguelike]. It's very different, while still being very much a roguelike, so it's in a good position to create that feeling. By the time the world reaches its full depth I hope that even alpha players will still be exploring new areas and finding new content they/you never knew about :)

And wow, that's a neat trick. Guess I should've known that css would be capable of that by now, too. It's pretty amazing. I don't put much time into web stuff, so there's a ton I don't know, and when possible I do prefer to just stick to css/html solutions. Thanks for the link! Now I'm going to want to play with this :P
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon