Grid Sage Forums

• April 28, 2024, 06:48:05 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Accuracy of over 95% bug is back  (Read 1161 times)

Adraius

• Derelict
  • Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Accuracy of over 95% bug is back
« on: September 05, 2015, 06:32:13 PM »

Now that I know it's not supposed to happen, this startled me when I saw it a few minutes ago. (see attached screenshot) Looks like the bug isn't fixed after all. =(

Basic rundown: I'm about to commence combat with a Grunt at point-blank range - no shots have been fired yet.  I'm equipped with a single Imp Targeting Computer, I've been stationary for several turns, and my Prec Assault Rifle that is the culprit has an innate +20% accuracy bonus.  Somewhat interestingly, unless the range bonus at point blank is only 2%, I believe my accuracy should be even higher than it is.  I don't know if it's related, but my hit chances for my other weapons also happen to have nice, divisive-by-five results.

EDIT:
during the fight, my accuracy percentages rose slowly, consistent with enemy heat rising, including that of the Prec Assault Rifle, so there was no odd cap-at-100% going on
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 06:35:46 PM by Adraius »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Accuracy of over 95% bug is back
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 06:45:12 PM »

Yeah, I was pretty sure you were right when you said you thought you saw a value that high earlier.

Your actual accuracy is still maxed at 95% (if you watch the Calc window)--it's just the accuracy preview display code which isn't always capping it, probably due to some particular extra bonuses being shown (it uses slightly different code than the real accuracy calculations). I honestly thought I didn't cap the parts list accuracy display at all, as a way to let you know how much "surplus accuracy" you have in case you need to move or change some factor, but when I took a quick look at the code yesterday I did see a cap in one spot.

I'll look over it more closely, and possibly remove the caps on the display itself.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Accuracy of over 95% bug is back
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 04:11:48 AM »

Took a look at this just now and it turns out I forgot to assign the capped value to the display value, so it kept showing the uncapped value on your parts list.

Because I like the idea of being able to see your theoretical max hit%, I'm not going to change anything about this since it's calculated correctly when you fire, and enables you to know exactly how much surplus you have (which also matters when you have system corruption, for example, since that is applied before the cap like everything else!).
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon