Grid Sage Forums

• April 30, 2024, 09:29:45 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Information Warfare: System Corruption - Grainy/low signal interference effect?  (Read 1318 times)

ukulele

• Derelict
    • View Profile

Just browsing the first dev post I made a bee-line towards (information) and really enjoying it, I was thinking about:-

System Corruption

To a degree, both robot and map knowledge are susceptible to interference from system corruption. Once Cogmind has been corrupted, low-level Sensor Arrays will sometimes report false signals (the number of false signals increases with the degree of corruption), and you can lose map data for previously visited areas!

There could be the sort of animation/disorientation that you get when your tv is not tuned properly and all that grainy-fuzziness interferes with the picture?

The false signals idea is already tending that way, but it's maybe extending that idea a bit. Anyway at this stage of dev, probably another_idea^x!  :o

The 'unity of aesthetic' in cogmind fits so well the mechanics and the visuals and the UI and of course map/world info which this particular blog 'Information Warfare' conveys especially well.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

Good idea, it's already in the game :). It's mentioned in another blog post and accompanied by an animated gif, but I can't find that one for the life of me...

The effect could've been even more persistent and stronger, but that would annoy more players (even as is someone complained before release--on seeing the blog post--so I added an option to turn it off since it's purely aesthetic anyway).
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon