Grid Sage Forums

• April 27, 2024, 11:00:01 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [Beta 13] "More" not working in gallery in unknown circumstances  (Read 115 times)

R-26 Lightspeed

• Cyborg
    • View Profile

Near the start of my first Beta 13 run, i checked the Plasma Cutter description in my gallery because i knew it had changed.
However, the "more" button for both the Plasma Cutter and the improved variant did not work. I don't remember if i checked other items' "more" button, but if i did they didn't work either.
The attached screenshot is of the "more" button not working, as useful as that might be.

Later, when i attempted to reproduce the bug, the gallery "more" button was working. I don't know what caused it to not work that one time.
But after seeing the bothacking window bug i encountered, i'm wondering if this wouldn't be a bug of the same type, where maybe something in the actual map interfered, so here's where i was when i encountered this bug :
I don't have a screenshot, but it was in -10/Materials, in one of the first rooms (if not the first) after entering the area. The room had only one door, located up relative to the room.
I don't think there were any items on my map yet.

Seed : "FluxMiningMachine"
Non-modal UI

I already tried to reproduce the bug by having the more button in the gallery be located above where Cogmind would be, but that did not make the bug occur.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: [Beta 13] "More" not working in gallery in unknown circumstances
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2024, 02:26:18 AM »

Hm, yeah, quite likely there's an issue with it somehow. That button actually proved a bit problematic and during prerelease versions I fixed it a couple different times under various scenarios, but it seems to be working in all tests so far.

We won't need seeds for something like this since it's just an interface thing, depending purely on the order and method of user input, so theoretically it should be reliably repeatable through the same steps, just have to discover what those are. Knowing the UI layout could perhaps be helpful in that regard, though not guaranteed to be unique to it.

I haven't been able to repeat this particular case yet. We'll have to just wait and see when this pops up again and if there are reliable steps for it.

where maybe something in the actual map interfered
\
No, it wouldn't be related to that, because the map and all other parts of the UI are all completely hidden and cannot be interacted with while in the game menu.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon