Grid Sage Forums

• April 28, 2024, 02:16:11 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [Beta 13] Mouse interacts visually through bothacking window  (Read 58 times)

R-26 Lightspeed

• Cyborg
    • View Profile
[Beta 13] Mouse interacts visually through bothacking window
« on: March 23, 2024, 11:04:03 AM »

After datajacking a bot, i noticed that when hovering my mouse above items on the map, their names displayed. The movement pathing also did, but i'm not sure if that's normal.
In the attached screenshot, i moved my mouse above a storage unit located behind the bothacking window, whose name is displayed to the bottom-right of the window.
Non-modal UI.

I finally started playing Beta 13 (i hadn't played Beta 12), already found three bugs, and my first run isn't even complete yet. And at least one of the bugs is definitely a bug and not something normal.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 11:17:57 AM by R-26 Lightspeed »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: [Beta 13] Mouse interacts visually through bothacking window
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2024, 02:08:53 AM »

Yeah this is normal behavior. Mouse hover responses are still active in most cases even if you're mostly interacting with a modal window, and they can pass through windows as well. It's always been like that and you can see many cases of it throughout the interface. You can't actually interact with said things, though, just possibly get additional information to display.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon