Grid Sage Forums

• April 28, 2024, 12:12:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Skin Colour Names  (Read 873 times)

BenDragon81037

• Unaware
    • View Profile
Skin Colour Names
« on: December 07, 2023, 02:21:48 PM »

Hi!

I downloaded this today because I needed something like this for efficient mapping purposes.

And I discovered skins and upon looking at it, it looked like a lot of fun to play around with it.

but when it came to Color names, the manual says there are names, but there's no list of names...

Like, for instance, Azure is supported, but Cyan and Teal aren't.

I wouldn't mind some help with finding out which colours are supported and the corresponding RGB values as well.

Thank you for reading. :)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Skin Colour Names
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2023, 07:58:54 PM »

Hey BenDragon! Wow... you're right :P

I guess I was thinking most people would be using the other approaches, but indeed names are the simplest and what I tend to use for everything myself. You can see some sample names in the included skins, but that is not the entire list. I'll make sure to add the full list in there! (was actually thinking of releasing a new version of REXPaint soon, since I was just working on the engine and there's some useful new features and fixes combined with the newer patches I've been adding since the last release...)

Here you go:

red
flame
orange
amber
yellow
lime
chartreuse
green
sea
turqoise
cyan
sky
azure
blue
han
violet
purple
fuchsia
magenta
pink
crimson
gray
sepia

That should cover the entire spectrum (and matches the colors shown in each row of the default palette).
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

BenDragon81037

• Unaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2023, 05:48:45 AM »

Oh wow! A few of these I have never heard of.
chartreuse and fuchsia being a couple of them.

I was almost there with sky, I wrote skyblue.
Of course, I could actually suggest referencing something else, like referencing web safe colours Web Safe Colours, or maybe BB Colours

And yes,  feel free to try the BB colours right here in this forum, they all work!

Sorry ;) I simply couldn't resist.  ;D

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2023, 06:05:58 AM »

Well... if you look, the two you've never heard of are also featured very prominently in your links there--they're not that uncommon ;)

In fact, look a little closer at the lists and color values in REXPaint's default palette and you'll notice that's exactly where all the names come from! It's a common standard, after all.

Though when the full list of colors is as short as this, it's not really necessary to insist on compounds such as SkyBlue where just "Sky" will do.

BenDragon81037

• Unaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2023, 06:21:15 AM »

That's very true! Thank you for your very fast responses.

And you did some fantastic work here, I wish you all the best going forward. This is probably the best ascii design tool I've ever used.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2023, 06:39:34 AM »

Thanks! And that's why I made it--needed one and couldn't find what I needed out there :P

Wish I could bring you 2.0 now, because it's going to be even better, but I'm just so busy with my main project at the moment... It'll happen eventually...