Grid Sage Forums

• April 27, 2024, 12:54:04 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Game crashes when [REDACTED SPOILER] dies.  (Read 277 times)

Lemon

• Unaware
    • View Profile
Game crashes when [REDACTED SPOILER] dies.
« on: April 17, 2022, 07:22:22 AM »

I was on an RPGLIKE/explorer run, got the golem unit, got into section 7 and put the live sigix into the exoskeleton. After some heavy combat in the section, entered research with the sigix warrior at 40% exoskeleton integrity. Then after being constantly delayed by chasing investigators and constant ARC's, that brung the sigix warrior to 20% exoskeleton integrity, On some random turn the game froze and then shut off. I restarted it multiple times and always after some time, it happens again.

Also I had no aoe weapons at the time, probably cocntributed to how much it took to even get to research.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 06:41:24 AM by Kyzrati »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Game crashes when the sigix warrior dies.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2022, 06:40:59 AM »

Hi Lemon, yeah this is a known issue, discovered shortly after the Beta 11 release and will come fixed in the 11.1 update due out later this week. It's currently marked in the "known/fixed issues" thread, but is spoilered because it's written for the changelog and this is a pretty spoilery topic xD

* FIX: Possible crash on new Beta 11 behavior (spoiler) related to a particular rare NPC ally [Benjamin]

Thanks and technically if you still have the save I can fix it for you by pre-emptively removing SW, but yeah the new Exo mechanic causes the UI to crash when SW dies... but it will only happen if the death is within view of you, so technically you can also prevent it from crashing the game if you can get SW to die outside your FOV.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon