Grid Sage Forums

• April 30, 2024, 05:32:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [Beta 11] Can't get class rating of bots on unkown tiles  (Read 319 times)

R-26 Lightspeed

• Cyborg
    • View Profile
[Beta 11] Can't get class rating of bots on unkown tiles
« on: April 12, 2022, 10:32:21 AM »

If you know the location of a bot through any reason (sensor (detail 3+), trojan, farcom, and maybe triangulator), moving the cursor onto that bot gives you it's class rating, unless you don't "know" the tile they're standing on. Clicking "label hostiles" just gives you the robot's class general class, which is still better than nothing, since i don't know how i would otherwise sometime have a hard time telling friend from foes in caves with sensor detail 2.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: [Beta 11] Can't get class rating of bots on unkown tiles
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2022, 02:06:53 AM »

Kinda crazy that no one has pointed that out in all these years! Yeah I've added it so that detailed labels on mouseover will appear for those even when the cell itself is unknown.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

R-26 Lightspeed

• Cyborg
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2022, 09:56:11 AM »

Kinda crazy that no one has pointed that out in all these years! Yeah I've added it so that detailed labels on mouseover will appear for those even when the cell itself is unknown.
It's actually been a while (a year or two) since i first noticed the issue (though not the cause), but i didn't report it because for some reason i remembered doing so already. I think i was swap-remembering with another bug that wasn't actually a bug. (I think it might've been getting into Recycling via a garrison.)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 10:53:40 AM by R-26 Lightspeed »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2022, 05:58:06 PM »

Yeah I mean not even you, but just... all the many people who've been playing, new and old players alike. This has been there since the very first release, just a missing thread of logic in the code. I guess in many cases it doesn't really come into play because people (including myself) are used to using full labels anyway, rather than bot-specific ones (not to mention it only applies outside FOV), and then you still get the class name, which is almost always all you need...
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon