Grid Sage Forums

• April 27, 2024, 07:43:21 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [Beat 11] Executioner analysis is outdated  (Read 299 times)

R-26 Lightspeed

• Cyborg
    • View Profile
[Beat 11] Executioner analysis is outdated
« on: April 11, 2022, 10:12:36 AM »

The Executioner analysis states that it "often bypasses target armor" or something like that. However, they carry an imp. armor integrity analyser (unless that was changed in Beta 11, but often might still not apply to the experimental version) which has a 30% (50% for experimental) chance of bypassing target armor (66% in Beta 10). Often means most of the time, but even 50% isn't most of the time.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: [Beat 11] Executioner analysis is outdated
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2022, 03:21:24 AM »

Haha so I tell you that these things tend to get outdated occasionally, and you immediately go looking for another :P

That said, I don't plan on changing this analysis. "Often" does not mean "most of the time," and their chance to bypass armor is 40%. I'd still call nearly half of the time "often," which simply means frequently. I'd even consider a 30%/one-third chance of this happening within the realm of frequent/often. Not going to get into the finer linguistic arguments here, but it has a lot to do with context.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

R-26 Lightspeed

• Cyborg
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2022, 09:47:37 AM »

Haha so I tell you that these things tend to get outdated occasionally, and you immediately go looking for another :P
Yeah, after i read your reply on the sensor thing, i thought about one of the other things i noticed having been nerfed and remembered that there was a single(?) robot using it, which meant maybe that analysis was outdated.

That said, I don't plan on changing this analysis. [...]
I thought that might be the case, depending on your... interpretation? Point of view? I mostly wanted to point it out in case you'd have wanted to change it.

and their chance to bypass armor is 40%.
Oh, whoops.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2022, 01:09:24 AM »

Cool, thanks.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon