Grid Sage Forums

• April 29, 2024, 01:26:23 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Can you be safe in this area? (spoilers)  (Read 1379 times)

R-26 Lightspeed

• Cyborg
    • View Profile
Can you be safe in this area? (spoilers)
« on: December 14, 2021, 10:16:49 AM »

-Are you safe in Command once all enemies are down (as in, is it impossible for any kind of hostiles to spawn)?
-Can sterilisation still trigger? Can it trigger at all on this branch?
-Does alert stop mattering?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 09:45:44 AM by R-26 Lightspeed »

Joshua

• Sigix
  • Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
Re: Can you be safe in this area? (spoilers?)
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2021, 03:34:54 AM »

There's always the possibility of traps.

I've never managed to trigger sterilization anywhere in the game at all, kind of curious to see how people use it for cheese but not good enough at combat to survive repeated heavy assault waves. (Maybe it's easier to trigger in newer versions, before entering high sec?) It's an impressive achievement if you've managed to neutralize everything in C, though.

Since many of the endings you can get depend on decisions you make in C (decisions in earlier branches can matter, too) I suggest playing some more and seeing what kinds of things can happen. :)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2021, 04:20:35 AM »

Well you can't really cheese sterilization since it's not that easy to achieve in the first place, then once you succeed you put an eventual cap on how long you're allowed to remain in the area and aren't going to get more out of it than you put in, so doing that is mainly for flexing. We were just talking about sterilization earlier today and people wanted that to be the theme of my next stream :) (honestly I'm pretty sure it'll just be me dying, but whatever haha)

You can't sterilize C, but as Joshua mentions there are a number of other interesting results on that map depending on your decisions!
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

R-26 Lightspeed

• Cyborg
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2021, 10:10:32 AM »

It's an impressive achievement if you've managed to neutralize everything in C, though.
I honestly don't see how. I guess it's possible that the one time (out of three) i didn't do
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
i happened to meet the requirements for something else(
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
) that greatly helped.

Since many of the endings you can get depend on decisions you make in C (decisions in earlier branches can matter, too) I suggest playing some more and seeing what kinds of things can happen. :)
I mean, so far, i have W0/2/3/7(i think i see how to get two more endings), over 90% of gallery/lore, as well as all but 2 "events" achievements, so i think i maybe probably know a lot about the possible events?

On the topic of playing some more, i recently got a new high score, which was one of my goals before waiting for beta 11, so i'm currently going through my last run (i intend to try out extended game again as a flight build this time) (edit : finished it) before the "waiting".
(i don't have a good feel for managing inventory space, so i hope the no-stack will help. (Though the max sensor range being lowered to what i consider the minimum for good scanning is definitely going to be hard on me.))

You can't sterilize C, but as Joshua mentions there are a number of other interesting results on that map depending on your decisions!
I'll take that as a yes for safety!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 09:52:44 AM by R-26 Lightspeed »