Grid Sage Forums

• April 30, 2024, 05:00:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [10.2]"Watch this!" on broken watcher  (Read 466 times)

R-26 Lightspeed

• Cyborg
    • View Profile
[10.2]"Watch this!" on broken watcher
« on: December 14, 2021, 10:02:04 AM »

It's possible to get that achievement by attacking a broken watcher, which may or may not be intended. The only way (i know of) to find a broken watcher is :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: [10.2]"Watch this!" on broken watcher
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2021, 06:11:31 AM »

Yeah this has been known since the achievement was introduced, and it's allowed as a possible extra way to get it since technically it counts, but this might be one of those occasional things that I change anyway if only so that people don't occasionally report it as a bug... (in fact there are more unexpected ways than just this)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

R-26 Lightspeed

• Cyborg
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2021, 10:16:33 AM »

and it's allowed as a possible extra way to get it since technically it counts
I've since noticed other achievements for which broken bots count, and another for which they don't, which is somewhat inconsistent to my understanding?

Works : Shocking Conclusion, Magneto. Presumably also works : Pyromaniac, Punisher, Torch.
Doesn't work : Assassin.

Is there some consistent logic i'm not seeing about what technically counts?

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2021, 04:11:41 PM »

Doesn't look like it's inconsistent for any reason other than that I decided to apply a restriction on Assassin checks, but didn't on the others!

Might have been what I was thinking at the time (similar to the Watcher thing), that technically you're achieving that goal on a given robot, broken or not. Gotta decide how to handle that, since no matter which way it goes, different players might think it should work one way or another. (An alternative to avoid that issue is to expand the achievement description, but I prefer to keep them short without too many of those fiddly little details...)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2022, 12:49:21 AM »

Working on finalizing Beta 11 so going through all the little QoL/fixes and things to wrap up, and had a chance to look into this one. Turns out all such achievements were meant to work on broken bots, even the odd one out, Assassin, but back in Beta 6 there was another change to how certain stats were recorded, and that had the indirect effect of making broken bots no longer valid for assassin. The effect was documented, but didn't take into account that it would result in that particular behavior being inconsistent with some other achievements. I think I'll just be leaving it as is, with that one exception, since it makes sense for this particular achievement anyway.