Grid Sage Forums

• April 28, 2024, 07:29:23 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [Beta 10.1] Collection attached parts count bug.  (Read 285 times)

S0ZDATEL

• Derelict
    • View Profile
[Beta 10.1] Collection attached parts count bug.
« on: November 05, 2021, 04:57:31 AM »

Here is another strange thing I've noticed after losing another run... Is it just me, or collection attached parts count is incorrect? To be clear, I deleted all my user data few days ago and started all over again (yes, that's strange, but I didn't play a game for some time and came back to it later, so I thought I might as well just start from the beginning), so most of my gallery is still empty, and I can compare the numbers with what I remember in my games. So, let's start:
  • Adv. EMP Blaster ×5. Hm, don't remember attaching 5 of them, I guess I only attached one or two.
  • Hacking Drone Bay ×3. Really? How? I only once got to Zion (that run I got imprinted and the first time I got to Cetus so I couldn't read all that lore). I believe you can't get Hacking Drone Bay anywhere else than Zion, and even there you get only one. I'm sure I only had one, why does it count as 3?
  • Spk. Medium Threads ×7. I only remember I had 3 of them.
  • Micro-nuke Launcher ×4. When did I get 4 if I only had one in only one run?
  • Mobile Refinery Mk. CCLXVII ×2. Again, I'm sure you can only get one in Zion and no more, and I only visited Zion once after wiping my user data. How did I get the second one?
  • Phasing Sabre ×6. Not sure about that, I think I only had one or maybe two.
  • Sensor Drone Bay ×4. I believe I only found one in mines.
Note: it might be just my memory, and I actually had all of those, but I doubt I had all of those unique things you can only find once in a run, because I would surely remember it, and I only remember picking them up once (especially those from Zion, because I only visited it once).
What I remember, thought, is that all of those parts were often swapped. Like, attaching a Micro-nuke Launcher to blow something up and put it back to inventory, or attaching Sensor Drone Bay to release drones, let them explore a bit, and then return them and put back into inventory. So, what I believe is happening is that the game sometimes count attaching the same part as attaching a new one, maybe, because it have different integrity, or some of the drones from the bay got destroyed and now there are less drones than before. So, as I said, maybe there is no bug and everything is working fine and it's just my memory playing tricks on me, but I would suggest checking this, there might be a bug in the system that counts how many unique parts you have attached across all runs.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: [Beta 10.1] Collection attached parts count bug.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2021, 04:59:20 AM »

Yeah it's not a bug, it's just that due to how the figures are recorded (in a simple manner) there are certain things you can do which might lead to inflated numbers. For example simply saving your game and starting a new sessions then detaching and reattaching a part you already had attached before will count it again. (This is because all parts are reassigned new IDs when loaded from a save.)

The attachment numbers are mainly for fun, just something added to the gallery because it was possible in could be interesting in a general sense, but they're not entirely accurate.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon