Grid Sage Forums

• April 29, 2024, 12:48:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Core mutator  (Read 1198 times)

Joshua

• Sigix
  • Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
Core mutator
« on: September 15, 2020, 07:02:22 PM »

It might be interesting if there was a way (one time) to change some evolved slots into different types. It could be either controlled (bring up the menu and let the player choose what to give up in exchange for others) or random. Sorry if this has already been suggested somewhere.

Daniexpert

• Unaware
  • Kyzrati Patron
    • View Profile
Re: Core mutator
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 03:50:54 AM »

Maybe only one slot? It could defeat the RNG of the CE.
I feel like if you allow to change more slots it would make the endgame much easier. For example, you play stealth flight until the end, then easily convert yourself to a huge tank with lots of weapons.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 03:52:38 AM by Daniexpert »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Core mutator
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 05:20:07 AM »

It's certainly been brought up in discussions before, but not for a very long time now. Honestly I don't think it plays well with Cogmind's design. I mean the name of the game is meant to be adaptation, and the only thing that really even sorta limits you as you get further into the game, perhaps "class-wise" in other roguelike terms, are the slot evolution choices you made before. I don't like the idea of undoing that.

BUT, having said that, there is a new feature planned for Beta 11 which sorta falls into this category... uh, temporarily? You will see :)

I will probably write about this new concept on Patreon at some point before long. It was planned for Beta 9, and has now been put off for two major releases, but no longer!!!
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon