Grid Sage Forums

• April 28, 2024, 02:07:40 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Replace glyph option works extremely rarely  (Read 837 times)

Ununsept

• Derelict
    • View Profile
Replace glyph option works extremely rarely
« on: July 02, 2020, 10:18:58 AM »

I've been using REXPaint for a few days and it's really useful, but I noticed one bug. No matter what I do, I can't activate the "replace glyph" function. I press ctrl + LMB and nothing happens. Today it worked but only for about 30 seconds, then it stopped working again. I'm working on windows 10. It doesn't work both on normal and ANSI version. Is it a known bug? Is there a way to fix this?

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Replace glyph option works extremely rarely
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 08:07:33 PM »

No the feature works fine, I think you're having an issue because you started misremembering the hotkey :P

It's not Ctrl-LMB, but Shift-LMB. After pressing it the first time you'll get the prompt to select a second glyph to swap with, after which selecting another will do the replacement and indicate how many glyph instances were actually swapped.

(Ctrl-LMB doesn't current do anything in the Font window, but is instead used to move colors in the palette.)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Ununsept

• Derelict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 09:30:16 AM »

Thanks for helping! I'm afraid there is an error in the manual. It says:
To replace every occurence of a glyph in all visible unlocked layers of an image, Ctrl-LMB on it in the font window, then Ctrl-LMB on the new glyph to replace it with. After selecting a source glyph, the swap can be cancelled by again pressing Ctrl-LMB on the same glyph.
You might want to fix that so people don't get frustrated. Also it'd be cool if the download page said that ANSI version comes with non-square fonts and normal version doesn't.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 03:12:42 PM »

Thanks for helping! I'm afraid there is an error in the manual. It says:
To replace every occurence of a glyph in all visible unlocked layers of an image, Ctrl-LMB on it in the font window, then Ctrl-LMB on the new glyph to replace it with. After selecting a source glyph, the swap can be cancelled by again pressing Ctrl-LMB on the same glyph.
Ah yeah, sorry that's the old version you have. This was fixed and other features have been added or addressed in newer patches available here on the forums, but I haven't done a public release on the site in quite some time since I generally like to wait until there is a larger number of new features available for that. Still, I should probably do that to avoid getting reports of things that don't match up with the current version :P

(In the version you have, the shortcut is correct in the full command list, but not in the full text of the manual, where I had forgotten to change it at the time.)

Also it'd be cool if the download page said that ANSI version comes with non-square fonts and normal version doesn't.
Hm, true, could be helpful for some :)

I'd much prefer if both included all versions, but this makes it harder for newer users.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon