Grid Sage Forums

• April 29, 2024, 12:44:11 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Status HUD sometimes never completely appears  (Read 1041 times)

Joshua

• Sigix
  • Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
Status HUD sometimes never completely appears
« on: June 16, 2020, 03:15:00 AM »

Sometimes the upper right corner of the HUD only shows Core, Matter, Energy bars, and not location etc. I think this happens when I go into the menu too soon after the game starts (before the animation with them appearing finishes) but even then still seems to be a bit dependent on exact timing. This screenshot is from beta 10 X1 but I've also seen it more than once in previous versions.

Restarting the game fixes it.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Status HUD sometimes never completely appears
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 03:21:04 AM »

Yeah I know about this one, it's been in there since the first release but only a couple people have ever noticed it since it's quite rare, and not easy to fix so I kept putting it off. (Hasn't been reported specifically on the forums yet, though.)

It's been on the Beta 10 list, but that list has a ton of more important fixes on it, too, so we'll see if I get to it...
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Joshua

• Sigix
  • Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 03:55:00 AM »

Yeah I know about this one, it's been in there since the first release but only a couple people have ever noticed it since it's quite rare, and not easy to fix so I kept putting it off.

I don't know how the animation system works, but my first thought is to just force everything there to completely visible when leaving the menu. At that point probably no one cares if the animation doesn't finish. Maybe that's still not easy, I don't know what the internals look like. :)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 04:11:25 AM »

Nope, can't do that, otherwise yes that would be easy xD

I haven't actually investigated the full extent yet, but I imagine the solution would have to be simply blocking the game menu until the HUD has finished loading.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon