Grid Sage Forums

• May 01, 2024, 03:11:01 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: A new RIF ability: Using Remote Datajacks in presence of Programmers.  (Read 1271 times)

Valguris

• Cyborg
  • Kyzrati Patron Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile

Masked hacks
Hostile Programmers will not shield their allies against your Remote Datajacks.

I giess Archangels/Alpha7s will still shoot down your Remote Datajack projectiles, since I don't see how RIF could affect that lorewise. :P
This ability would help in dealing with situations where you stumble upon a Programmers squad and another squad at the same time. Also, assaults have a chance to be acompanied by programmers when you have allies, so it would help in those situations as well. And it makes Programmer Couplers much better. :P I'm not sure if it increases or decreases the average power you gain per RIF upgrade.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

Indeed it wouldn't be able to stop antimissile-style defenses, but I can see how the main concern here would about not having to worry about Programmer interference. Could be a good ability!

Does seem to have about the right amount of effectiveness to be included alongside the others, although of course this does mean that you'd be that much less likely to get one of the others across a given run, making ability gathering that much less predictable. As is you can get a majority of abilities if you're persistent about visiting as many Garrisons as possible, though if/when we add more it'll become more and more difficult to expect you'll eventually have one or another that you'd prefer.

Not that this is necessarily a big issue since in my eyes the ability system is meant to be supplementary rather than the primary aim of RIF installation, so you just adapt to/take advantage of whatever you get. In that sense just making sure the power levels are all relatively good is the important part.

Will probably do this.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

Actually in adding this to my notes I see I already have a list of several other potential RIF abilities that might fit in...
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon