Grid Sage Forums

• April 28, 2024, 10:57:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Back in the Saddle  (Read 1295 times)

Adraius

• Derelict
  • Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Back in the Saddle
« on: March 20, 2020, 11:07:32 PM »

Hi y'all - last time I played Cogmind it was circa May 2016 and propulsion components had recently received a rebalance.  It's been nearly 4 years, the game is out of alpha, and I can only imagine all that has been changed and added.  I'm planning to just jump in and reference the Tips and Strategy Guides as I hit walls.  I have a lot of relearning to do - any other resources people would recommend?  Is there a good summary of the major changes over the last few years?

It's good to be back.  ;D

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Back in the Saddle
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 05:42:55 AM »

Oh wow, it's Adraius! Welcome back :)

Summary of major changes, hm... Well for the really big picture you'd have to see the roadmap.

There's really nothing in a single location with a level of conciseness between that and the changelog itself, although one option could be to use the Release History list to access the release notes for each version, since those tend to include a one-paragraph summary at the beginning, and lots more details (plus images) below that to demonstrate more about the given release. I'd say probably put aside a little chunk of time and flip through those as fast as you're comfortable with.

You can be sure there's been a simply massive amount of new features and content added since you last played. It's super fleshed out now, and I think you'll enjoy what it's become! Still more releases to go before good old 1.0 (and then some to come after that since I've promised at least one major expansion!), but it's been in a great state for a long while now.

Much of the old community we had here back in 2016 migrated over to the Discord channels, which is why you'll see less activity on the forums these days. There are a few regulars that still prefer the forums, but the community there is quite active by comparison... Honestly kinda sad since the years of great discussion aren't nearly as accessible there (or archived here for safe keeping and convenient searching), but realtime chat does have its advantages :P
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon