Grid Sage Forums

• April 27, 2024, 11:05:56 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Will we have a new trailer for release?  (Read 1017 times)

DawnMachine

• Unaware
    • View Profile
Will we have a new trailer for release?
« on: November 04, 2019, 01:02:50 PM »

Hey. I don't want to create a separate topic. I have not an idea, but a question. Will we have a new trailer for release or beta 10?

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Will we have a new trailer for release?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 07:04:26 PM »

I don't do trailers for individual updates, no, just the in-depth release notes and demo images alongside the changelog.

As for full release, I imagine there probably needs to be a new trailer, but I really don't like how long it takes to make a good trailer xD

The other issue is that the only other kind of trailer that might be needed is one that's filled with spoilers, which I pretty much always avoid... This is why you don't see a lot of special content in the original trailer (which is also now over 4 years old, haha!).

At the very least, the current trailer would be redone to reflect the state of the game. Unfortunately there's no room to expand on it despite the zillions of features in Cogmind now, so it's kinda problematic.

I've considered redoing the current trailer to improve it just a bit (I think it already/still does a pretty good job as is), and possibly creating a second trailer filled with spoilers and a warning at the beginning (to the effect that Cogmind is a game that for many is best explored unspoiled, and watching the trailer is maybe a bad idea, which also kinda defeats the purpose of making it in the first place xD).

(Sorry, moved your question into its own post since it wasn't in any way related to the other thread.)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon