Grid Sage Forums

• April 27, 2024, 09:56:27 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Access to the game Assets?  (Read 1046 times)

Jeffg10

• Unaware
  • Unaware Central
    • View Profile
Access to the game Assets?
« on: September 18, 2019, 03:09:31 PM »

Hello, This post is particularly pointed towards Kyzrati given it's nature (i know you'll see it, i've been lurking long enough to know that you reply to almost everything) but i was wondering if anyone knew where i might be able to access the game's assets, i'm currently working on a tabletop adaptation / remix of Cogmind and i have RexPaint and a handful of screenshots that's i'm currently using to replicate / base some of the art off of, but if possible i'd like the source pictures to make the process easier so that i have assets for my players (and possibly some custom ones of my own after i study the art style in depth a little more). This is a private venture since i'm a DM and want something new and interesting, but i might consider releasing the mechanical system and any custom art here if i make any reasonable progress on all of this. I poked around in the internal files but only found these strange .x files i couldn't open and a surprising lack of things like robot names on files. If you can't help me in this i understand, i just figure there's at least no harm in asking at the very least since it would be a god send if it's possible to decompile the art in any way.

Bonus:  a sheet of hack-job scouts i adapted for the lolz while getting the hang of REXPaint:
Main.C 24/7

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Access to the game Assets?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 05:47:55 PM »

Hey Jeffg10, you can see the spritesheets inside cogmind.x, which can be opened like a .zip archive and the tiles are in data/fonts/ :)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Jeffg10

• Unaware
  • Unaware Central
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 06:31:56 PM »

Hey Jeffg10, you can see the spritesheets inside cogmind.x, which can be opened like a .zip archive and the tiles are in data/fonts/ :)
Cheers, took a second to get it figured out because my winrar didn't want to cooperate with it, but i got it figured out and found the sheet, this will be invaluable going forward in this project. In exchange i'll put up the current modules i have done for the tabletop RP, people are free to use these how they like but they probably wont be of much use until i get the rules written out and more of the weapon and utility modules pinned down:
Main.C 24/7

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 07:15:36 PM »

Awesome, thanks this is pretty cool :D. If you want to share it when done, that'd be great and I'll let people know this is a thing. You can start a separate thread in the General GSG board.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Jeffg10

• Unaware
  • Unaware Central
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 07:23:42 PM »

in other news i tried to split the sprite sheet at 14x14 and have 6000 pcs of finely minced cogmind, whoops. i'll sort out properly spitting it when i get back up. Edit: also yea that sounds fine with me, i'll make a post when i get the system sufficiently worked out.
Main.C 24/7