Grid Sage Forums

• April 27, 2024, 05:59:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: the trailer lied!  (Read 1503 times)

seanawesomness

• Derelict
    • View Profile
the trailer lied!
« on: July 29, 2019, 02:47:55 AM »

I was doing a run with speed and sensors, no weapons when I reached -6 extension out of my ever growing curiosity and died, I got such a low score! This is when I realized that running is easy and doesn’t really contribute to score besides pacifist and speed runs, so I looked at the trailer and realized that when it said EVADE it meant SEEK AND DESTROY or AVOID THE BIG BOTS and that kind of ruined my fun with flight, and just when I was getting used to wings!!!

But what I’m saying is, make running away a bigger part of the score and make it harder to run away(like a robot, not a swarm, but something that is designed to cut off your escape route by going and bringing robots to the nearest exit, something like that)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: the trailer lied!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 09:09:07 AM »

In Beta 9 you get points for exploration of new maps, which is easier to do as flight, but technically flight makes it easier to get high scores in a number of ways, you just need to be more strategic about it. Have you checked out the leaderboards? The top score right now is a flight build :P

But points generally don't come from "running away," because running away is pretty easy in Cogmind. You get points for doing challenging things, and causing trouble (which in turn creates more challenges!).

If you want to get specific about it, the idea of evading enemies comes into play for all builds, because there are always going to be confrontations you'd prefer to avoid, but when and where they occur, and how frequent these situations are, varies from build to build, and map to map.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

seanawesomness

• Derelict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 10:31:11 AM »

Mkay :-X
I’ll check the board of leadership

Xii

• Derelict
  • Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
    • HyperTele
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 01:04:48 PM »

It's possible to get within top 20 of the worldwide high scores without killing anyone. I only failed to do so because I accidentally killed 3 enemies out of sheer stupidity.

Pacifist is the only way for me to play. I'm fatigued of violence in games, and Cogmind can be won peacefully.

Taking a break from Cogmind right now, I'll try again sometime.

seanawesomness

• Derelict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 01:31:28 PM »

Why don’t you pacifist other Roguelikes? Surely it’s harder but it’s doable

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2019, 07:25:34 AM »

Yeah in Cogmind it'll be even easier to do a pacifist run with Beta 9 if you want to go the RIF route, since you can really upgrade your bothacking power to pacify the majority of obstacles.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Xii

• Derelict
  • Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
    • HyperTele
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2019, 05:33:27 PM »

Why don’t you pacifist other Roguelikes? Surely it’s harder but it’s doable

Which roguelikes do you recommend?