Grid Sage Forums

• April 27, 2024, 08:41:44 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Temporary server issues affecting parts of website and Cogmind functionality  (Read 2625 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

Surprisingly the forums are still functional, but due to an unknown server issue parts of the site have stopped working.

Currently you won't be able to access the wiki or dev blog, and neither REXPaint nor Cogmind will be able to access the site to check for the latest news or version number. Cogmind is also unable to upload scoresheets for the leaderboards until this is resolved.

If you have an especially cool Cogmind run you'd like to appear on the leaderboards (or just be included in the data), you can attach the scoresheet here or otherwise send the file to me via email or Discord PM and I'll add it to the data manually. (A future version of Cogmind with the new leaderboard system will support automatically retrying old scores in the event of a server outage.)

No ETA on a fix, other than hopefully ASAP. Gotta wait for one of the host admins to investigate...

Sorry for the issue, although for Cogmind the good news is the new scoresheet and leaderboard system we've been cooking up is looking great :D
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

Update: Blog is back up now, but the other features are still not... After five days and nine support calls I finally got someone to reinstall PHP on the server, fixing the blog, but sadly it did not resolve the other issues and they said they'll need more time and a "higher tier admin" to figure it out.

Update 2: Wiki is now up again, too. I fixed that one myself by cleaning up the mess they left on my server yesterday. Score uploading still broken, however.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 09:14:39 AM by Kyzrati »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

Update 3: I'm happy to report the cause of the issue has been weeded out and all online functionality including news, score uploading/leaderboards, and error reporting are FIXED! Everything's back to normal now.

Sorry for the outage. I've released a new version as Beta 8.2, and all it does is make some simple changes to get those features working again. Saves from Beta 8.1 are still compatible and there have been no changes to content/mechanics/etc.