Grid Sage Forums

• April 29, 2024, 08:43:31 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Reload All Images feature (patch for v1.04)  (Read 1349 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Reload All Images feature (patch for v1.04)
« on: January 29, 2019, 04:17:18 PM »

This'll be in the next "official release," but I got a feature request for this so here's an interim patch(edit: feature now included in all versions as of v1.50) which adds some functionality: File reloading!

Normally if there are changes to your images directory while REXPaint is open, to see all those changes in RP's browser you'd have to restart the program. Now there's a button at the bottom of the browser, "R" for reload. Just click that and everything will be reloaded to reflect the current state of the file system (you can also use a new hotkey: Ctrl-Shift-r).

You'll get a warning if you have any unsaved progress or images, since of course doing this will erase that. The reloading process will do its best to restore the original state of the browsing window, such as selected image, visible images, last selected image, and folder collapse states, but of course this isn't always possible since it could encounter missing files or different folder structures.

Note that as per other patches since the last official release, this one needs to update your skins.xt file since a new entry was added there for another feature from an earlier patch.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 07:57:29 PM by Kyzrati »
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

aaron_ds

• Unaware
    • View Profile
Re: Reload All Images feature (patch for v1.04)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 09:23:19 PM »

Small issue with long filenames. The names extend into the drawing area even after the mouse cursor has left the image selection pane.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 12:41:27 AM »

Hey Aaron, nice to see you here!

That behavior was added in the last release as a feature, affecting only the currently selected image while in browse mode. Non-selected files will have their name disappear normally once the cursor leaves, but I felt that it'd be more useful to always be able to see the full name of the current image, to help when comparing to other images in the browser. (I also have a lot of fairly long file names and found myself needing to compare sometimes, and once in browsing mode the main important thing you're after is the image name, rather than necessarily seeing every detail of the image itself.)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 03:52:11 PM »

To add to that, last night I recalled the main reason I wanted it to work that way: it's the only way to get the full name of your current image if you're using keyboard navigation, where the cursor is generally elsewhere. So it's helpful when you're just flipping through a bunch of long-name images using the up/down key, for example.

aaron_ds

• Unaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 09:55:06 AM »

Makes sense. Thanks!