Grid Sage Forums

• April 28, 2024, 10:07:35 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Ratings of items found in Storage.  (Read 2591 times)

Valguris

• Cyborg
  • Kyzrati Patron Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
Ratings of items found in Storage.
« on: December 17, 2018, 12:45:20 PM »

Does anyone know the ratings of prototypes in Storage depending on depth and room types?

I think I got stashes of 5* weapons (Ion Burst Cannons and Cld. Plasma Cannons) just laying on a floor of random rooms in -8 Storage, but I can't seem to replicate it. I know that behind the doors to a single cell there are 4* and 5* rating items regardless of depth, including items unique to Storage (Lgt. Regenerative Plating, Gui. EMP Blaster, Gui. Missile Launcher). I thought that other doors can hold prototypes of out of depth ratings, but I can't replicate it either. Then there's the trapped room, which always has a stash of 6 non-faulty 4* or 5* prototypes? And the blue barriers seem to contain on-depth prototypes usually, but rarely non-prototypes too.

Anyone has more info on this?

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Ratings of items found in Storage.
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2018, 06:00:49 AM »

Hm, doesn't seem like anyone else is chiming in with experiences on this yet :P

I can say that with Storage it is probably somewhat different than other branches might handle it, because it was the last branch added quickly before Alpha 1, just to have a second branch option besides caves (wow the world was small back then xD), and at the time I did not yet have an internal method of quickly scripting "out of depth" parts by relative rating. So I believe instead Storage literally used lists of items!

As a result Storage will generally tend to be more valuable the lower it's found.

I looked back over my notes and sure enough, way way down on the TODO list, is a section talking about the "relative level" scripting feature first added for Garrisons (and since used elsewhere as well), and that it might want to be applied in Storage as well in order to increase its value when found late. It looks like the reason I didn't want to make that adjustment immediately is because I wasn't yet sure whether Storage would continue to be challenging enough on higher floors to suit such good parts. (Needed play data.)

Wonder what players think about that now?
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Ratings of items found in Storage.
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2018, 06:03:47 AM »

One thing to add here is that if it was changed, the loot would become a lot less reliable than it is now. At the time I intentionally picked stuff that I thought would be a nice find for Storage, and some players have come to enjoy take that route specifically for these things.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon