Grid Sage Forums

• April 29, 2024, 09:47:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: HTTPS at your service  (Read 1298 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
HTTPS at your service
« on: July 18, 2018, 03:43:30 AM »

Well that took a while, but it's finally here: The website, including forums, blog, and wiki, are all now fully HTTPS-enabled for your secure browsing needs :)

All internal and external links will automatically be redirected to the new HTTPS version of the site, and your browser shouldn't nag you anymore about entering a password into a non-secure form. This might mean the site is ever-so-slightly less responsive, but it's worth it overall.

I also updated the forums in particular to the most recent version to patch some potential security holes. As part of the updates, because we're now fully HTTPS, you won't be able to use [img] tags with any non-secure images, either. Imgur now uses HTTPS as well, so this won't be a huge deal in the future. I already went into the database and converted all previously-linked Imgur images to the HTTPS version, since we had a lot of stuff from before their update. That was 507 Imgur links on the forums alone. (Through this little exercise I also discovered we have 1,284 images on the blog--over five years of Cogmind dev history there...)

Updating everything and handling all the little issues that popped up took the better part of a day, so hopefully we're done with that xD. But let me know if you happen across anything out of the ordinary anywhere on gridsagegames.com. I surveyed lots of pages and features to confirm everything's working as intended, but different users and browsers might report different issues, or find more obscure/older pages with some content I didn't account for.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon