Grid Sage Forums

• April 29, 2024, 12:56:17 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [beta 6] Unable to select world map location via keyboard under certain layout  (Read 625 times)

Joshua

• Sigix
  • Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile

The world map doesn't draw completely and it shows me as being on floor -9 instead of -7 (as you can see in the corner of the screen). Attaching screenshot and save.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 06:53:46 PM by Kyzrati »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: [beta 6] Glitched world map
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 06:40:05 PM »

What do you mean doesn't completely draw? Seems completely drawn here--you're in -7/Factory, yeah? (as per your HUD).

And your current position is always the last area drawn on the map, i.e. the one at the top (notice how it has "> <" around the floor letter). Looks fine.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 06:45:11 PM by Kyzrati »
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 06:43:41 PM »

Ah I see, I just tested it and there does seem to be an issue, but not what you mentioned as far as I can see. If playing in kb mode with the mouse off, it prevents you from selecting a map location.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 06:52:52 PM »

So with respect to this error:
If playing in kb mode with the mouse off, it prevents you from selecting a map location.
it's an issue that appeared a long time ago and I fixed it in most cases but somehow it wasn't able to predict where your route would end (due to the Waste visit) so in keyboard mode it isn't able to select maps. Thanks looks like I'll have to find out what other reason can cause this :P

(Mouse mode is fine, though, since that doesn't need to do any prediction.)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

Found the cause. It's because the check I added to fix this problem in keyboard mode only worked if you'd only recently visited one intermap location, e.g. the Waste area you left, but technically you also visited a Garrison earlier and that threw off the check! Okay will fix.

(Note however that your current location is indicated by the glowing "> <", not the selected map. Normally your last map would've been autoselected since you're in keyboard mode, but due to this particular route you took and the resulting internal confusion, the cursor part of the code didn't didn't know where you were and couldn't move the invisible cursor, so it remained where it was on your current position and highlighted an earlier map instead.)

Joshua

• Sigix
  • Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile

I think you have diagnosed it correctly. I mostly noticed that it looked wrong and I couldn't move the cursor to see what else was in the world. "Doesn't draw completely" was apparently not quite the right description.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

I changed the title to reflect what it was, and just fixed it so this'll be gone in Beta 7. Turns out it was just a more complicated version of a bug I fixed earlier xD