Grid Sage Forums

• April 29, 2024, 12:55:22 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [SPOILER] trouble hacking God Mode  (Read 1835 times)

Xii

• Derelict
  • Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
    • HyperTele
[SPOILER] trouble hacking God Mode
« on: March 16, 2019, 09:24:44 AM »

So, Data Miner gives me a code to hack God Mode.

Warlord says this God Mode here (in his base) is a fake one.

The real (?) God Mode accompanies the assault on Research.

I remotely datajack each of these two God Mode, enter the code given by Data Miner, and neither instance works. "No effect".

What gives? Is there a secret, hidden, actually real God Mode somewhere else entirely? How is Data Miner wrong about the code? He's right on all other accounts.

Did the Core Reset Matrix I consumed in Lab bug this out somehow? (it removes the code from the manual hack suggestions, but I scrolled back my log to find it again)

Joshua

• Sigix
  • Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
Re: [SPOILER] trouble hacking God Mode
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 11:57:47 AM »

The changelog for beta 8 says core reset now clears any known manual hacking codes, so I'd guess this is the reason.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 05:11:52 PM »

Yep, it's as Joshua says, just another piece of knowledge added to what you "forget" due to CRM, mentioned in the changelog. (It should've really been that way a while ago along with all the other bits of memory you lose, but originally didn't consider that one.) You can't use special manual codes that aren't listed, as the codes were "changed" to reflect the fact that you lost the data. This is just to make it so that as a player you don't have meta knowledge that Cogmind should no longer have.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Xii

• Derelict
  • Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
    • HyperTele
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 04:04:00 AM »

I see. That's not at all obvious, and seems like a tricky thing to get right. Feels inconsistent, as you can still use many manual hacks that also aren't "listed". I guess they're not "special" enough, but then it's all very messy. Why does Cogmind forget one hack but remember 99 others?

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 06:43:47 AM »

There's no way to be 100% consistent with so many systems. You lose as much info as reasonably possible when you CRM, especially unique info gained during the run. Special codes you only learn on meeting certain systems or NPCs fall under that category.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon