Grid Sage Forums

• April 28, 2024, 10:53:08 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: It’s about engineering(BRRB)  (Read 805 times)

seanawesomness

• Derelict
    • View Profile
It’s about engineering(BRRB)
« on: July 23, 2019, 09:32:54 AM »

I was thinking “cogmind seems to be smarter, and does a lot of things only certain robots can do.
Like:
Attach and detach
Be immune to hacking
Has a strong core
Evolve
be the chosen one
Etc.
I thought, sounds pretty cool... right?
But the only thing I wanted was things being built all around me and be able to do what certain robots can;Build.Repair.Replace.Be an engineer...
BRRB! The dream I wish would happen right now!

BRRB

An urgent order, cogmind needs to be able to build
Have Builder classes carry a built-in builder unit that you can only take out using a new group of melee weapons and utilities called the removers! There will be the M series robots with the weapons which would allow removal, and a utility which will allow you to install built-in-parts.

Next, you can install all sorts of stuff like the built in drone bay(H series) or(I’m guessing here) communications (W series). When you destroy a robot, built in parts will be inside a thing called x body
(Where x is name).

The next thing is the downside, If you try and remove parts from a robot that died of terminal corruption, you may reactivate a gun or a leg and injure yourself, or if your trying to touch a watcher with communication, you may trigger it to use a distress signal.

I spent waaaay to much time on this.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: It’s about engineering(BRRB)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 09:11:04 PM »

Indeed, building stuff could be a rather large expansion for the game, although it's definitely that--a very large expansion and not some little feature or even one system tacked on! Beyond the existing Fabricator system (and some related parts) there were some more building operations early on, but nothing released publicly because it wouldn't work with the balance. Maybe one day? ("one day")
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

seanawesomness

• Derelict
    • View Profile
Re: It’s about engineering(BRRB)
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 05:20:34 AM »

That answer is good enough for me until I reach access or research  :D