Grid Sage Forums

• April 29, 2024, 03:00:27 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Factory interactive machine derelict log  (Read 870 times)

Joshua

• Sigix
  • Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
Factory interactive machine derelict log
« on: April 21, 2018, 01:00:22 PM »

I got a derelict log for factory interactive machines, and I can see them on the map, but they don't show up in the intel menu listing for count of machines known and there was no message when I entered the level for them loading. I'm attaching both a screenshot and the save.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Factory interactive machine derelict log
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 04:29:48 AM »

Thanks for the info, this is clearly an issue although it's odd we haven't seen it before. I spent a while exploring it but am going to need to see if other cases pop up that might hold more clues. I couldn't repeat by giving myself those same two log types and traveling the same route, so there must be something else at play...
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Joshua

• Sigix
  • Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 04:19:02 AM »

I've also noticed on several runs (possibly back in beta 5) some factory maps shows where the garrisons are even though there is no message about loading that intel. I think this may be the same kind of bug? I will try to pay closer attention when I see this happening on beta 6 in case I can get more info that helps.

There are also derelict logs that I pick up where it says 'Acquired derelict log' or whatever but it doesn't say what is actually in it. I assumed those might be the suppressed ones for Zh's exit, not sure though.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 05:21:39 AM »

There are no logs for that exit, so that wouldn't be it. Could be that it's some kind of duplicate for intel you already have, or something that doesn't apply, although in most of those cases I thought it would still say.

Any time you see something like this happen, you could provide me with the save from before it occurred, using the new automated multisave system and I could see exactly why :) (Without something like that I won't be able to tell because there's too many possibilities and it probably won't appear as any kind of error to the game.)

The saves are marked by time, so if it just happened, for example, the save from a few minutes before would be fine, then just let me know what you did where and I can repeat it. That'll definitely help solve this. (Also: Aside from giving me one of hte autosaves maybe just keep a copy of all the relevant save files for a bit until I get back to you, in case there's something else I might need, thanks!)

Joshua

• Sigix
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 07:24:00 PM »

I am attaching two saves (hopefully one is from right before I got the derelict log, if not I copied all the saves so I can go further back). I got a derelict log from slightly south of the prox caves exit, it said I extracted the data but didn't say what it was.

I'm not sure whether this is related to the original bug of not logging the data load once in factory but am putting it here since it seems similar.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 04:02:18 AM »

Excellent, backup saves to the rescue making recreating stuff like this so much easier :D

I checked and you didn't get any info from that log because you already knew the contents--it just gives you the location of the exit from the current map, but you already had it at the time since it was just around the corner. I'll add another check on this case so it'll be explicit about the fact that it's not useful.

And this'll probably be unrelated to the other issues where effects aren't shown on another relevant floor, but hard to say what any of those are without seeing examples.