Grid Sage Forums

• April 29, 2024, 02:07:49 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [beta 5] Strange behavior for schematics window  (Read 851 times)

Joshua

• Sigix
  • Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
[beta 5] Strange behavior for schematics window
« on: March 16, 2018, 03:47:22 PM »

After a Core Reset, the status page still lists me having schematics, as shown in the screenshot, but the popup is blank.

A fabricator also gives an empty popup for the load schematic option.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: [beta 5] Strange behavior for schematics window
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 06:50:34 PM »

Huh, interesting catch! Surprised we haven't seen this reported before... Thanks! Obviously you shouldn't have schematics anymore, but I wonder what happened here.

Actually I just went to test this and I can't repeat it, so no wonder it hasn't been reported xD. There must be something else at work here, something more specific than simply using CR when you have schematics. So I'll need more information in order to solve this. I don't even see a way for this to happen, since CR simply erases all your schematics, and the UI only shows the option if you have schematics to list :/. I just tried a number of different combinations of acquiring schematics before/after CR and everything worked as expected.

I guess I can at least ask for clarification in terms of those "7" part schematics. Were they obtained after CR? Or before and they should be gone?
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Joshua

• Sigix
  • Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 07:06:19 PM »

The same thing happened in Pimski's March 8 stream, by the way - I don't know if that gives any more information. He notices and comments on the oddity in the stream, too. (The core reset is in March 8, noticing the schematics window is blank might happen in the March 9 one).

Edited to add: it's right around the 10:40 mark in this Pimsk1 stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/236924813 (Salvaging extended late game)

Edited to further add: a commonality with both of our experiences is the CR was before a save, and noticing the odd Schematics window happened after starting up again. Could it be a bug with the save logic?

The schematics were obtained before using the core reset, which I found and used in S7. Most were through a Scanalyzer (Med. Storage Unit, Lrg. Storage Unit, some other utilities), at least one from a Terminal which I actually fabricated before the core reset (Exp. Shock Absorption System). I also fabricated 2x Quantum Capacitor before the CR.

This is on Linux under Wine, by the way, in case this is another wine-specific bug - I don't know if Pimski might run on Linux also?

I am attaching the scoresheet in case it has any other useful clues.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 07:17:53 PM by Joshua »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 05:41:03 AM »

Okay thanks for all the extra details. I'd be surprised if it's anything save-related since bugs there usually have a way of rendering saves unloadable rather than incorrect, but I don't see other explanations yet so that'll be something to look into. I guess that's worth a shot!

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 11:27:56 PM »

As mentioned before, attempts to repeat this been unsuccessful, so if anyone has a save in which this is the case, that might help give some more clues.

Valguris

• Cyborg
  • Kyzrati Patron Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2018, 11:25:18 AM »

Save attached!

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2018, 05:57:00 PM »

Well that was fast :P

Thanks I'll take a look at it.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2018, 08:19:17 PM »

Ha, no wonder I couldn't repeat it, the bug only happens if you use Core Reset while in info mode. But with this save I found it in just a couple minutes, so thanks!

(Misplaced one line of code...)