Grid Sage Forums

• April 27, 2024, 07:52:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [Beta 5] Serf continues to push reprogrammed friendly robot  (Read 846 times)

Laida

• Derelict
  • Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
[Beta 5] Serf continues to push reprogrammed friendly robot
« on: February 15, 2018, 01:50:21 AM »

Hi. Recently saw a funny bug or, maybe, just oddity.  :)
I met a serf, which was pushing a disabled grunt near my cogmind. When they passed by, I tried to rewire the grunt with advanced datajack (but I didn't touch the serf in any way). Grunt was rewired and became friendly. But serf still continued pushed him away from me, despite than grunt was rewired and was displayed in the list of my allies! I was angry on serf and started to shoot him. He was scared or something like that and... started to push my grunt away even faster! Only when they reach some wall, grunt separated from him and started to walk freely, as usual rewired unit.  :D

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: [Beta 5] Serf continues to push reprogrammed friendly robot
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 03:54:08 AM »

Welcome, Laida! And... yes that is a pretty funny bug :P

I guess no one's really encountered this before, or at least not enough people to report it, since rewiring those bots used to always take a while (without a datajack, anyway) and you'd definitely want to scare away the Serf first. Thanks I'll look into it.

Out of curiosity, you didn't try to order your new friend to move elsewhere? That probably would've broken the link, too. Still laughing about thinking of you shooting the Serf as it flees even faster :P

My guess is that the grunt was already free, but didn't need to move on its own until it started getting pushed too far from you, at which time it decided to take matters into its own hands :)

If that's the case maybe it doesn't need to be "fixed," I dunno I'll have to investigate and see. Kinda fun the way it is, and still works thematically.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Laida

• Derelict
  • Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
Re: [Beta 5] Serf continues to push reprogrammed friendly robot
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 04:01:16 AM »

Thanks for reply!

Out of curiosity, you didn't try to order your new friend to move elsewhere? That probably would've broken the link, too.
No, I didn't  :) I will try if I will have the same situation ever again.